lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #11
AceKH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: fender flares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Here they are for $7.00 per foot.
Quite a bit less than $10.62 per foot

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/flexy...-the-foot.html
It's $52 for a set of 2 58" pieces from the jegs link... ~$5.40/foot
AceKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #12
Dlab
Gone Wild

That under lip version looks like it would work well on a DS
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #13
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, I screwed up and missed the TWO pieces of 58"

Just canceled my order with Low Range...
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Here they are for $7.00 per foot.
Quite a bit less than $10.62 per foot

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/flexy...-the-foot.html
Summit or Jegs at 51$ [for 9'8"] is a better deal than 7$ a foot by my math. It takes just about all of it. I had about 1 1/2" left over on each side. They come with sheet metal screws to mount them, ok on metal fenders but for our buggies I used some stainless #10 panhead screws/fender washers/nuts. Get a few extra long [1"] as the bottom screws on the front also go through the cowl support behind the body. You will want to do this in a warm place as they are stiff when cold. Also a couple of small c clamps or welding vise grips [or a very eager girlfriend/wife] to help hold them in place while you are drilling the holes. A 2" block of wood clamped in a vise on edge works well to provide support while cutting them. A sharp utility knife to cut them is also needed. Other than that they are great, I bumped into them when it was damm cold here and they just flexed. Not sure if the plastic ones would have come out unscathed.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #15
AceKH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well, I screwed up and missed the TWO pieces of 58"

Just canceled my order with Low Range...
I hope they work out well for ya! I'm thinking about giving them a try.
AceKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #16
Dlab
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Summit or Jegs at 51$ [for 9'8"] is a better deal than 7$ a foot by my math. It takes just about all of it. I had about 1 1/2" left over on each side. They come with sheet metal screws to mount them, ok on metal fenders but for our buggies I used some stainless #10 panhead screws/fender washers/nuts. Get a few extra long [1"] as the bottom screws on the front also go through the cowl support behind the body. You will want to do this in a warm place as they are stiff when cold. Also a couple of small c clamps or welding vise grips [or a very eager girlfriend/wife] to help hold them in place while you are drilling the holes. A 2" block of wood clamped in a vise on edge works well to provide support while cutting them. A sharp utility knife to cut them is also needed. Other than that they are great, I bumped into them when it was damm cold here and they just flexed. Not sure if the plastic ones would have come out unscathed.

Thanks for the info! Like I said above though, wouldn't that under mount model be ideal for the DS? All drill holes would be concealed under the wheel wells, and you wouldn't have to drill through that support you mentioned. I have new set of the plastic ones that's been sitting on the porch forever, just never liked the look when I held them up to the cart. I like this option

If anyone wants the plastic flares I'll hook ya up
Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, my cart [81] does not have rear wheel lips. Do the newer plastic bodies have them? The lip mounted flares might reduce the wheel arch opening, make sure you have room. Standing next to the cart you don't see the fender lip. If you try them, keep us posted.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #18
Dlab
Gone Wild

Yea sorry Dundee, I just checked mine and it only has the lip on the front......Scratch the under mount idea......my bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car