lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What controller do I need

Just got a 2005 CC Precedent. The controller had been removed. What is the controller # to purchase another one?

Thanks CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What controller do I need

Talk to Dave @ Revolution Golf Cars (site sponsor)
He will hook you up with whatever you need for your Precedent.

I'm betting that your controller is a Curtis 1510-5201
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I wouldn't buy a Curtis when you could have an ALLTRAX !?
10 reasons why you should buy an Alltrax instead of listening to forum advice

1. Alltrax is the only controller with reverse polarity protection on the input and the output. This is extremely beneficial to the DIYer who accidently mixes up the + and – , or for the mechanic who drops a wrench into the battery pack causing a short, or for the seldom but not unheard motors wires that rub bare and short out against the frame, or for the Motor than comes apart or melts down and creates a direct short… All of these situations can take a controller out costing $500 in unwanted damage but, not with the Alltrax. And that alone is worth the price of admission to the Alltrax club but, there are more advantages unique to Alltrax XCT and SR controls.

2. Alltrax has higher peak and sustained outputs than any other make. Basically a 400 amp control allows 460 amps and a 500a control allows 570a which is more bang for your buck.

3. Alltrax has integrated thermal plastic heatsinks and a built-in cooling fan so it mounts and cools safely on any surface.

4. Alltrax is the only manufacture to offer a FREE simple program software. A simple usb connection powers up the control in or out of the cart for flexible programming.

5. Alltrax offers shift on the fly mode selection. You can buy a control module or use a simple switch to activate your programmed operation parameters.

6. Alltrax has been developing Aftermarket Golf Cart Speed controllers for 20 yrs. They have more experience than any other manufacture in modified golf carts.

7. Alltrax XCT and SR controls are plug and play with most major brands of golf cart. No more adapter harnesses needed.

8. Alltrax is the only manufacture to offer performance monitor file sharing. So if your having a problem you can record and share a performance file with your dealer or Alltrax for analysis.

9. Alltrax offers telephone tech support 5 days a week.

10. Alltrax is the only manufacture to offer a full 2 yr transferable replacement warranty.

Questions ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

#11..........I'm a rookie and installed and programmed an Alltrax SR and it works perfectly........I'll give some credit to the guy who listed 1-10......
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlab View Post
#11..........I'm a rookie and installed and programmed an Alltrax SR and it works perfectly........I'll give some credit to the guy who listed 1-10......
I've been helping DIYers here for some time.
I have in that time seen that people who would not think of working on their car or home believe they can work on the golf cart because it's so little and cute. Couple that attitude with the fact the cart has enough amperage to weld steel and 4 Xs the voltage in your car and you get some interesting results.
Alltrax has embraced this trend producing safe user friendly controllers since the year 2000. The latest generation is hands down the best solution on the market.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

I love my XCT 48500 and I installed and programmed it myself.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All of the Alltrax controls come preprogrammed so you don't HAVE TO program them yourself but it is fun customizing the settings.

I recently enjoyed setting up a hidden kiddie switch for an Alltrax SR controller conversion. One flip of a switch and the cart went from wild to mild and back again. Now that's cool
Old 04-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm sold! I have an excel cc and been wanting more out of my cart, but wanted it done right. Just gotta have the wallet agree with me since there is no cheap speed/torque alternative with excel.
REDSLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSLED View Post
I'm sold! I have an excel cc and been wanting more out of my cart, but wanted it done right. Just gotta have the wallet agree with me since there is no cheap speed/torque alternative with excel.
The Excel or i2 and PH # carts cost no more than IQs to upgrade with Alltrax. Fact is the cost and equipment is all the same for these models, they all use the same control and program. It doesn't get any easier or any better than this anywhere else
Old 04-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #10
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My biggest concern was to make sure I did it right so as to not screw something up. Yes the speed magnet would be nice (not applicable on excel drive), but a new controller sounds like a much more correct method to get all around performance gains. my only concern is programming. I am not the most computer savvy (even navigating around a forum is tricky for me). Mechanically, I'm fine, just not so good with the computer stuff.
REDSLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car