lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default What kind of lift is this on my DS ?

I bought this cart from an individual, history of the cart is unknown, its a 99 DS, 48volt series cart, I've got to do some work on the suspension, bushings in the front , and the toe isn't right. Also on the rear one of my bottom spring leafs isn't staying inline, its rotating sideways and at one point was touching the tire on the back side, I've ordered a couple u-bolt plates and four u-bolts from All Sports, thinking that two u-bolts on each spring will keep that from happening again ?

Does anyone know what kind of kit this is ? I can't seem to match it up with any of the ones I've looked at online .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170524_124801_resized.jpg (649.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170524_115427_resized.jpg (592.1 KB, 0 views)
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: What kind of lift is this on my DS ?

No idea. It looks like some type of modified spindle lift. I ran through this last year with my lift and there are sooooo many generics out there I never could match it up (and the shop I bought it from had closed up). I needed bushings and got help from one of the other members that told me he went to Advance Auto and matched the bushings up off the shelf. I went down there and sure enough, I found some New Energy urethane bushings that worked perfectly.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

To me it looks like the upper spring mount weld is broke.
Can't see the weld but backside seems to show it's shifted toward the wheel.
Also note the shackle angle at it passes the lower axle mount. It's tilted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spring2.jpg (80.7 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystar57 View Post
To me it looks like the upper spring mount weld is broke.
Can't see the weld but backside seems to show it's shifted toward the wheel.
Also note the shackle angle at it passes the lower axle mount. It's tilted.
You may be right, I will be taking all that apart when the U-bolts and plates I've ordered come in, probably going to flip the backing plates as well, so the cables are back at the angle they should be, I've got a welder, so I can clean all that up and re-weld it if necessary. The left rear brake will lockup sometimes, and from what I've read its a combination of the cable now being too short,,, and possibly the u-bolt being loose, but the bolts appear to be tight, but I don't doubt the axle may be trying to rotate when I hit the brakes.

Need to order new shocks for the back as well, my "good deal" on a lifted 48volt golf cart is beginning to get expensive , fixing stuff that a previous owner didn't do correctly, or maintain.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The upper spring in not welded to start with on a lift kit. They can be but most are not.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks mrgolf. I missed that.
I have no experience with rear lift kits except extended shackles.
It does seem shifted over a little so would this be from a loose U-bolt due to age stretch?
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just wanted to mention I ordered four U-bolts and a couple of tie plates from All Sports manufacturing online last evening, this morning I got a call from a very helpful lady at All Sports, she was going to process my order and noticed the odd selection of parts I was ordering, decided to call me to see what I was trying to accomplish ? I explained to her what I was trying to do, she advised me I would likely need a couple more tie plates, and said she would include them with my order with no additional charge, and also would include an instruction sheet detailing how it all goes together . Needless to say I was impressed ! She went out of her way to call and make sure I was ordering the correct parts to accomplish what I was trying to do ! Don't run into that too often in todays business world ! Kudos to All Sports Manufacturing !
Old 05-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Looks home made to me..
Banditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's an Old-School Buggies Unlimited "Budget" Lift Kit. They've been discontinued for quite some time. I've removed several of them and replaced them with All-Sports Super Sport lift kits. The Super Sport Rear will come with all the rear pieces you need.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car