lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: spark from receptacle charger won't come on

ok a wire needs to go from pack neg and gray wire ... this will bypass OBC

i would try (fingers crossed) a jumper wire across the fuse ... plug in cart first then ac cord ... be ready to pull charger ac plug if sparks happen
if charger comes on let it run , checking it every hour (set a timer) til it shows 60v , then unplug charger
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 PM   #12
acramer
Not Yet Wild

One more point.. Today I had a wire that on the pack negative and the other end was just bare wire 10 ga in a small loop as it may have been attached to a screw. I thought maybe it was attached to the gray sense wire coming off the receptacle but maybe it was attached to the other end of the fuse we are talking about and the nut holding it on came off..
acramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramer View Post
One more point.. Today I had a wire that on the pack negative and the other end was just bare wire 10 ga in a small loop as it may have been attached to a screw. I thought maybe it was attached to the gray sense wire coming off the receptacle but maybe it was attached to the other end of the fuse we are talking about and the nut holding it on came off..
i have no idea
Old 07-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #14
acramer
Not Yet Wild

What belongs on other side of fuse.. one side black wire to OBC.. other side nothing is attached and the nut is gone.. As i said today I had a wire attached to pack negative and other end came off something.. It might have been attached to the other side of the fuse and nut came off then came apart because nut not holding it on... Do I need a wire on other side of fuse going to pack negative?
Old 07-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #15
crash test dummy

got ya ... give me a few
Old 07-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #16
crash test dummy

you need a 12ga wire from fuse to neg prong

you could take the black OBC wire and move it to the neg prong
you will still need a wire from the pack neg to the gray wire to make the lester charger power up
Old 07-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #17
acramer
Not Yet Wild

just checked another cart with obc ok.. The receptacle negative lead is what was attached to the other side of the fuse. Now what i did 2 years ago was to take that off the fuse end and extend it to pack negative to bypass obc. Now my question is.. is the fuse of any use if there is nothing attached to the other side or is the blown fuse now causing my old Lestor charger not to work now. The extra wire i was referring to you in the previous post might have come from attaching it the fused area of the grey sense wire because sergio said to completely bypass the obc attach a wire to grey wire then to pack negative.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:38 PM   #18
crash test dummy

see my post above
Old 07-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #19
smokin87ta
Not Yet Wild

On mine I have a black 10 gauge wire coming out of the back of receptacle to the fuse, short 6" ish wire, then from other side of fuse to the battery pack neg. One red 10 gauge wire to pack positive and a jumper from B- on controller to solenoid negative, I am using dpi charger and removed obc.
smokin87ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #20
smokin87ta
Not Yet Wild

I had that fuse break once removing the rusted nuts on back and just bypassed fuse by connecting both black 10 gauge wires to same post of fuse, don't recommend as it's there to save charger but I only kept it like that for a week till new fuse came in.
smokin87ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car