lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
BillAggie
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 DS will switch to slow mode if accelerator fully engaged!

I got my USED DS about 2012. When I got it I bought a magnet kit that replaced the motor speed sensor magnet. This trick bypassed the sensor detecting speed and limiting the cart to fairway speeds. My guess is the replacement magnet has half or fewer detection spots.. not exactly sure. Later on a stick or something caught the motor speed sensor and ripped the wire out of the sensor which I noticed was a simple reed switch. I replaced that with one I bought and it's been completely smooth sailing ever since! .... until now!

This ran fine for a few years until the batteries finally gave up. They were all replaced with deep cycle boat batteries and has been running fine 2 years but I failed to check fluid levels and managed to ruin a few batteries. Those are replaced now but cart is doing this half-speed mode (crippled mode maybe) if I press the accelerator full engaged. Within a few seconds it cuts down to a crawl. Battery power is up. If the cart sets for a while of if the battery kill switch is hit, it resets the card back to full speed but you lose full speed again if you press the accelerator fully down. The speed sensor on the motor appears visually to be ok.

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. I was considering unplugging the motor speed sensor to see if it changes the problem. I would think the motor speed sensor is bad except that the cart will let me go ALMOST full speed!!!!! But I have to keep from fully pressing the pedal. If I go for that last 10% of speed and hit the floor with the pedal, within 2 seconds it drops to half speed again! It's driving me nuts...

Anybody have any suggestion where to start with troubleshooting?

Bill
BillAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 DS will switch to slow mode if accelerator fully engaged!

Sounds like your MCOR is bad and or going bad. Could still be the speed sensor, but sounds more like the MCOR.

Try the old press method test. Key off, 25 to 30 full presses on the pedal. If it runs better, definitely the MCOR.

Also, be sure your pack voltage is good as a bad battery or charge could do that too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crippled mode, half speed, slow mode
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car