lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Maxp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile 2006 Club Car Precedent - Vibration... Not the good kind

So to make a long story short… I have exhausted my local cart repair shops and have found them to be nothing but parts changers…. I am hoping yall can help me…

I have a 2006 club car precedent with stock controller and upgraded motor (so i'm told) Cart also has a 6” lift and 23” Tires…. But other than that the cart is stock…

The issues is when I press the pedal slowly from 0 to 100% down I get this vibration or jolting as the cart begins to move…. It is not smoth… but after some speed is reach (say >40%) the cart smooths out and the vibration is gone…

Since taking the cart to local shops the batteries, suspension and tires (hints the lift kit) have been changed. Each shop telling me the item they replaced would solve the problem…

If you have any advice I would love to hear it and get this issue resolved….

Thanks in advance!
Maxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Precedent - Vibration... Not the good kind

First thought to me is your MCOR. Verify you have a "full" charge ~50.x volts and then with the key off pump that pedal 25-30 times all the way down and then see if it is any better. And whether it does or does not, that surely sounds like the MCOR.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Maxp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

NoleFan4Ever,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will give that a go tonight and will post the results around 6pm. Thanks again!
Old 10-02-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I helped a friend with his Yamaha G19e (notoriously weak motor I was told on the other forum) which would quiver and throb when accelerating very slowly then smooth out at high speed. It should be noted he had hi-speed gears installed in it. After ruling out everything else, we pulled the motor and confirmed his commutator was damaged from the heat/amp load caused by those gears. He had to buy a rebuilt motor. Initially he took his old motor to a good/honest/local shop for repair; but the shop told him there was too much damage for an affordable repair. Just FYI if the MCOR checks out.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
Maxp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

MCOR test...

51. 02v... Tested as advised and vibration/jolting still present and seems to be the same... Dang....

One thing I can say is this cart will do 35+ (scary lol) down a hill and low 20s in a straight line on flat ground. Not sure if gears have been changed as I bought this thing used....

Communicator? Sorry noob
Old 10-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Motor problem
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #7
Maxp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

One thing I can add.... I took it for a ride after doing that test and it's going very slow and making a clicking noise.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #8
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
this cart will do 35+ down a hill
If you don't have long legged gears or a VERY SPECIALIZED SPEED motor, you've likely blown up (over-revved) that motor - clicking noise also suggests the same. Carts have a motor speed sensor that prevents that - yours must have been bypassed or modified in some way. Commutator is the spinning part of a DC motor. Google it.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #9
Maxp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Google, who would of thought.... Lol thanks. You guys have motor replacement recommendations? Should I upgrade wiring and controller at this time?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Thats an IQ cart so and Admiral A-2 is a good replacement. You can also use a FSIP A-3.

Scottyb at Carts Unlimited and David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars can take good care of you. Click the Site Sponsors link above.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car