lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheels/Rims....

Okay guys -- I'm slowly building my cart.... I got the 6" lift, the upgraded cables, and now I'm looking at tires/wheels. Before anyone says anything -- I know -- I gotta get the new speed controller, F/R switch & selnoid.... I'm getting all the parts together first..... then putting it together....

So wheels -- I know I want to go with a 12 or 14" wheel and a 23" tire.... I was looking at a couple combos....

1) -- 23x10.5-12 EFX Blade Golf Cart Tires / Hazard Wheels

2) -- All-Terrain Xtrail 4-Ply Tire. & 12 " RIM TYPHOON Combo

3) -- 23x10.50-12 MojaveII 4-ply tires RHOX Machined finish black & aluminum wheels

4) ITP SS112 12" wheels Carisle 4ply All Trail tires

Any thoughts? Are any of these tires/wheels something I should avoid? Are any way better then otheres? Or is it simply which ones I like the look of the best? Thanks!
Sakislayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Done Deal
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wheels/Rims....

My advice would be to buy what you like but also think about how easy or hard they are to clean. Bigger open spacers are much easier. I bought my first set and only kept them on the cart 1 season. Have fun with the build. Can`t wait to see the pictures.
Done Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
rib33024

Number 3 Mojave II, read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...tml#post561722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakislayer View Post
Okay guys -- I'm slowly building my cart.... I got the 6" lift, the upgraded cables, and now I'm looking at tires/wheels. Before anyone says anything -- I know -- I gotta get the new speed controller, F/R switch & selnoid.... I'm getting all the parts together first..... then putting it together....

So wheels -- I know I want to go with a 12 or 14" wheel and a 23" tire.... I was looking at a couple combos....

1) -- 23x10.5-12 EFX Blade Golf Cart Tires / Hazard Wheels

2) -- All-Terrain Xtrail 4-Ply Tire. & 12 " RIM TYPHOON Combo

3) -- 23x10.50-12 MojaveII 4-ply tires RHOX Machined finish black & aluminum wheels

4) ITP SS112 12" wheels Carisle 4ply All Trail tires

Any thoughts? Are any of these tires/wheels something I should avoid? Are any way better then otheres? Or is it simply which ones I like the look of the best? Thanks!
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So -- #3 is out.......

Done Deal -- which rims do you have on your cart?

Anyone else have #1, #2, or #4? -- Opinions? I'm leaning toward #1 -- but I'd REALLY like to hear from someone who has had the tires or wheels....

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Tony M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have #4 but with duro tires, I love them, very easy to keep clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 002.jpg (197.6 KB, 21 views)
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tony M -- thanks -- excellent picture...... I think I've narrowed it down to either the ones you have -- or the Fairway Alloy ones....... If I can ask -- I assume you have an after-market speed controller.... how many amps did u go with?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
Tony M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a stock controller and motor, a selectable speed chip and can run 24mph on freedom and 20 on steep hill mode. I upgraded to 2 guage cables and plan on a controller and motor upgrade sometime in the near future, before I get any faster I need to upgrade the brakes!
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO