lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Zuma Skipper
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 EZ-GO ST 2+2 36v Cart Questions

Hi all, just got my first golf cart and so far it is a blast. It is a stock 2007 EZ-GO ST 2+2 36v series cart. After tooling around now for a couple weeks I have this desire (as we all do) to make it faster. In reading the forum it seems like there are a lot of options out there but I don't want to go crazy with the cost. I am already dropping around $600 to make it street legal and get it California plated. My question then is really what is the best bang for the buck in doing an upgrade for speed. I have a couple moderate hills to climb but mostly somewhat flat paved terrain. I am not sure what the stock speed of the 2007 ST is to begin with, but I have heard anywhere from 13-17mph. It feels closer to 13 though.

Please, help a FNG out.
Zuma Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 EZ-GO ST 2+2 36v Cart Questions

I went with a Plum Quick custom mid-range Assassin motor @ 48v with a 480a controller. I live in the foothills so went with a little lower RPM motor (5800 - 6000) to avoid over heating. This gets me a target of 28 MPH on level road. I could have gone with the 6500 RPM motor and do around 35 MPH but run a risk of the hills here making it to hot. I also am doing a CA street legal cart and I find 30 is fast. The steering is very touchy at that speed. I also put 4 wheel disk brakes, 10" rims and DOT tires with 1" spacers (makes it more stable).
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
Zuma Skipper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 EZ-GO ST 2+2 36v Cart Questions

Thanks a bunch. Sounds like the direction I will go.
Zuma Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO