lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
choche1961
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO wont go

I have a 1997 electric ez go golf cart. Someties when I press on the accellerator pedal, nothing happens. I keep it depressed and after 45 seconds to a minute later it gives a big jump and works fine for the rest of the day. Sometimes this happens once or twice a round. Why does my cart do this?
choche1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO wont go

Now that's a weird one! I'd start by removing and cleaning all your battery connections to bright metal. Do them one at a time, this way things don't get mixed up! Believe me it's easy to do if you take them all off at once!

If this doesn't correct the problem we're all still here to help! Cleaning these isn't a waste of time either. It's part of normal maintenance. :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My '96 Series does the same thing. No idea why....the solenoid does not click with the first press when things fail to work....otherwise, things work great. Gave up tracing the issue for now.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
choche1961
Not Yet Wild

I do maintenance about one a month on the golf cart, and I do clean all the terminals and check the cables. I have checked the micro switches and also the micro switch near the pedal, and everything is fine. Like I said it does this when I have not used it for a few days. Once it engages, then it usually runs pretty good. I just want to make sure this wont damage anything if I dont fix it.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by choche1961 View Post
I do maintenance about one a month on the golf cart, and I do clean all the terminals and check the cables. I have checked the micro switches and also the micro switch near the pedal, and everything is fine. Like I said it does this when I have not used it for a few days. Once it engages, then it usually runs pretty good. I just want to make sure this wont damage anything if I dont fix it.
I would check the sensor circuit at the controller. Maybe the plug has a poor connection. Does the solenoid engage when you step on the pedal? I'm just hitting at easy stuff to check right now. If the solenoid engages, that doesn't mean that it works. You can do a voltage drop test across the two large terminals to check that.

I had a similar problem and it was the solenoid. It would engage, but on occasion didn't pass current.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
choche1961
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I have not tried that, but I will.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a similar problem that eventually got worse, with the cart surging and not wanting to go. Finally the culprit was determined to be a bad ITS (throttle sensor). About 25.00-30.00 dollars later, she has been running fine. There are troubleshooting tips in the "Stickys" if you or a friend can do them all in order, you will find the problem. (I didn't do them in order and ended up with a brand new alltrax before I found the problem...doh!)
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hard to test for bad items when one presses the pedal and every once in a while it does not go. Then, it suddenly (just enough time to think...WTH) runs and all is well until the next time...... Picking the time to test it when it fails is impossible.

I will be watching this.....
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO