lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Default Battery Cost Question

Now....before you toss me under the bus....I did in fact do a search of battery cost on this forum before I did this post.....just so I wouldn't re-invent the wheel....or the battery...

I'm beginning to look at replacing my Batt's as my charge intervals seem to be getting closer together. And no....I haven't checked my specific gravity in my Batt's recently. I'm currently in my 4th year on Excide Batts., I'm running 6, 8-V's and I will go to 8, 6-V's on this next go around.

But I am looking at Trojans.....and went to their web site to look for a Trojan dealer. There is one close by me, so I checked their web site and found they are asking $237 each for a T-105 Batt. http://www.onlinecatalogsystem.net/c...rchresults.htm Just type in Trojan in the search box.

I dunno......seems kind of high to me. Maybe they just sell to Porsche cart owners?
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Cost Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
Now....before you toss me under the bus....I did in fact do a search of battery cost on this forum before I did this post.....just so I wouldn't re-invent the wheel....or the battery...

I'm beginning to look at replacing my Batt's as my charge intervals seem to be getting closer together. And no....I haven't checked my specific gravity in my Batt's recently. I'm currently in my 4th year on Excide Batts., I'm running 6, 8-V's and I will go to 8, 6-V's on this next go around.

But I am looking at Trojans.....and went to their web site to look for a Trojan dealer. There is one close by me, so I checked their web site and found they are asking $237 each for a T-105 Batt. http://www.onlinecatalogsystem.net/c...rchresults.htm Just type in Trojan in the search box.

I dunno......seems kind of high to me. Maybe they just sell to Porsche cart owners?
Sounds WAY high, unless you live in the Styx. Call them to confirm. I paid less than half that amount. I had to trade in a school bus battery with my six to buy eight without paying $40 core charge.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That sounds high to me. About two years ago I bought six 6v T105's for a little over $700. I'm sure price has gone up some but not that much.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Battery Cost Question

I priced Trojans both here in Greenville SC and at Myrtle beach SC last week.
Trojan T875 8 volts=$102.00 each with a old battery core
6 volts have to be cheaper than that.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I just dug up my receipt from November. $105 per T-105 (how could I not remember THAT!), plus tax, including free delivery and core pickup, in the Metro-Atlanta area from Batteries Plus.

That's the charge my credit card denied, causing me to use my backup card.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know battery prices are regional but $237 seems very high. In southwest Atlanta T-105s are $89 and T875s are $99. The price has come down a few bucks of late.

Also, lead acid batteries lose capacity in cold weather. My range drops 20% easily when temps get into 40s-50s. Maybe yours aren't as bad as you think, especially if you've had them since new and have taken care of them. Maybe you can make it through the winter and give them another look when the weather warms up.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
In southwest Atlanta T-105s are $89.
Whoa! For a couple of hours round-trip (plus gas) I could have saved over $100!

Too bad I gave away my pickup last year. It's hard to beat free delivery, especially when I was facing two cars to transport the six cores plus the school bus battery.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Ok....Thanks for your reply's. I thought the price they had listed was way overboard. I'll call 'em when I'm ready and if this is what they charge....I'll shop it.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO