lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
sadams
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 ez go DCS won't do anything???

Well, After all day checking switches and going over the wiring still nothing. All the switches and wiring is correct. I used the troubleshooting guide from the site and all checked out ok until I got to the #7 terminal both troubleshooting guides said it should have battery voltage but it only has around 7.0-2 mv??? I dont know what to check from here, does that mean I have a bad controller??? I was getting cross eyed looking at it for so long today I’m taking a break for the night and will look to see if you guys have any more suggestions for me I can try tomorrow. I didn’t want to spend my whole vacation time on this thing but that seems to be the case. Things like this drive me crazy until I get it fixed.
sadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
sadams
Not Yet Wild

The reed switch was good, it had 38.2 VDC going back to the controller.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

#7 being the positive side of the solenoid activation circuit... Yes that is one way the controller can fail. Let me get you a 400 amp DCS control and HD solenoid... you will LOVE it. My go to cart on the ranch is an old DCS cart with aftermarket controller. It's fast and its torquey
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Pin-7 go low when Pin-5 goes high.
In other words, when the pedal microswitch closes and applies B+ (Battery Pack Voltage) to Pin-5 on the controller, whatever Pin-7 is attached to inside the controller begins conducting and provides a return path for the solenoid coil back the the battery (B-)

If B+ is present at Pin-5 when pedal is pushed, it came from the coil terminal on the solenoid that has 3 wires on it. Therefore B+ exists at that side of the relay coil.
If B+ does not exist at Pin-7 when the pedal is up, AND the solenoid IS NOT activated, than there is an open someplace between Pin-7 and the solenoid coil terminal with 3 wires on it.

Check for B+ at small solenoid terminal with single wire (Blue?) attached.

I'm not saying controller is good or bad. Only that the solenoid might have an open coil or the blue wire is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My bad, Pin 7 DCS = negative half of the solenoid activation circuit not +

Controller is still bad in my experience.
You can buy used, rebuilt, or improved.
But it'd got to be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
sadams
Not Yet Wild

Well, after days of working on this cart I Finally got it fixed! You guys were a great help and gave me a lot of things to check. After all the discussion the problem with the cart turned out to be a connection point inside the harness. There is a wire in the harness that goes from one wire into two. At that point the factory uses a connector to make this transition. I started to ohm out all the wires with my ohm meter beep turned on and all of the sudden the meter went silent. After cutting into the harness I found the connector broken loose from the wires I thought could it be, yes it was. It must have happened when I was changing out the batteries and was pulling the harness out of the way. I hope this may help some of you in the future. I have some pictures of the location in the harness and a picture of the connector if I can figure out how to upload them. Thanks to all and have a merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
sadams
Not Yet Wild

I'm tring to compress the pics to upload them.

Last edited by sadams; 12-23-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Reword
Old 12-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
sadams
Not Yet Wild

I think i figured it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00135.JPG (23.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00136.JPG (24.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
sadams
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for all your help, I couldn't have done it without you!

The General Lee rides again!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00134.JPG (21.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadams View Post
If you guy want to see the pics, please tell me how to upload them.
Find the the Paperclip icon to the right of the Smiley-Face icon at the top of the box you type your message in.
Click on it and follow directions to upload images from your computer as attachments.

You can also upload your images to picture hosting sites like Photobucket and use the icon below the Smiley-Face to insert the URL.

Added - see you already figured it out
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO