lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt club car big time problems!

battery side neg i beleive......there should be some directions in the stickies if you want to confirm.....or if someone else reads this they,ll jump in and either confirm or correct me..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Ok, Just disconnected fuse and jumped to neg batt post. Bingo, charger is happily charging at 7 amps. I guees I should wait till fully charged, reset obc, and if still problems pull motor? Thanks again
biminibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok your charger isn,t going to shut off don,t leave it on any longer than 16 hours......you need to replace OBC and that will take care of charging issues and maybe other issue as well....................................
Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

My Precedent motor did the same thing... turned out to be a broken spring on one of the brushes. When pushed it would try to move but very jerky. So part of your problem might be the motor!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
biminibrad
Getting Wild

ok, More info. Pulled the motor and has major issues, burnt stuff and what not. The motor is a d and dmotor works, model 170-012-0002, rating class h, 36 volts. My club car is a 48 volt set up. What happens then, any advise on replacement motors appreciated. Thanks, Brad BTW RESET OBC AND CHARGER KICKED ON, WOULD A FRIED MOTOR AFFECT THE OBC AND CHARGING OR DO I STILL HAVE MULTIPLE PROBLEMS?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it should not effect the OBC but who knows......its fine to run a 36 volt motor in a 48 volt cart lots of us have that setup....36 volts gives you approx 25% more bang..........this is more than likely a coincidence..............as long as cart is charging concentrate on motor and if charging system acts up again than worry about it................................
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
biminibrad
Getting Wild

ok, thanks. my goal at this point is to have a top speed of 15mph, all flat. What motor should I be looking for? do I need to worry about number of splines etc? Thanks again
Old 01-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes you have to get one that matches up , if you get the 36 volt motor you have repaired that should give you 16 to 18 mph........................other than that a PQ motor will do it......you can also send yours to PQ and have them do it....................................
Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Ok, update. Replaced motor, cart runs smooth and fast enough. After use put on charger. Charger would not come on. Disconnected one battery cable, put back on, it is charging now. If I use it and put charger on and it does not come on then what? Thanks. FYI been spreading the word here in the Bahamas, we have so many broken carts it is ridiculous!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks for the update..............ok if you havn,t replaced the OBC thats what your gonna have to do and that will take care of the charging issue......i think i told you there might be more than 1 problem so you should be fine after that..............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car