lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake lights stay on

Thanks evryone for your help, great forum. Everything is working fine now.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

LJ12530. Thank you for your engineering advice. You're way over my head but I appreciate the compliments. I don't claim to be an engineer at all I'm just your every day golf car mechanic. But I think I can add something to your post about your 2009. The 2009 does not have a timed delay at all because it's a totally different brake light setup. You should have a pressure pad under your rubber pedal pad instead of the ITW switch under the entire pedal group.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
LJ12530
Gone Wild

TahoeDawg....you 'da man! I'm more of a theoretical guy. You know, read about something, try to fix it, and then pay a guy that knows what he's doing to fix the original problem along with those I created when I tried to fix it!

The switch in question sells for about $150 and the guy really doesn't want the time delay on open option.

It seems to me that the pressure switch mine has behind the rubber brake pedal pad is the way to go. Any reason you see that just installing that switch, instead of the $150 switch, wouldn't work on his cart .....for a lot less money?
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ12530 View Post
TahoeDawg....you 'da man! I'm more of a theoretical guy. You know, read about something, try to fix it, and then pay a guy that knows what he's doing to fix the original problem along with those I created when I tried to fix it!

The switch in question sells for about $150 and the guy really doesn't want the time delay on open option.

It seems to me that the pressure switch mine has behind the rubber brake pedal pad is the way to go. Any reason you see that just installing that switch, instead of the $150 switch, wouldn't work on his cart .....for a lot less money?
For about 1/3 of the cost yes the pressure pad is the way to go, but it's a royal pain to get it adjusted properly behind the rubber pedal pad. I've seen them work fine for days, then want to stay on all the time, heat the pedal pad for a little while and it'll work good for another couple days and all of a sudden lights would be on again. They take VERY little pressure to activate the circuit and if the pedal pad gets stomped on too hard it may just trigger it permanently. They seem to have gotten slightly better over the years though, the last 20-30 I've installed have worked much better than the first ones. I bet I've installed over 200 of them. The first ones were not fun.

As for this working in a Gen1 pedal group, I believe the pedal pad may be slightly different in size and may not allow it to fit. It's also lacking the piece of plastic trim beneath the pedal that would keep the wires from chafing.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
LJ12530
Gone Wild

If the pedal group has an MCOR is it automatically a Gen II ?
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ12530 View Post
If the pedal group has an MCOR is it automatically a Gen II ?
No, they all have MCORS. The used a "Throttle Position Sensor" in 2008 for a little while but was quickly recalled and replaced with an MCOR.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car