lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 CC Precedent Upgrade Questions

I recently purchased a 2007 CC Precedent and would appreciate response and/or opinions on the following questions. If you have pics of your upgrades in the following areas, they would be appreciated as well.

Speed upgrade:
I am not looking for a lot of speed, so I thought I would take it to the dealer for an upgrade to speed setting 4. What effect will this have on inclines, battery life, etc.?

Rear seat:
I plan on putting a flip seat on back. From what I can tell there are basically 2 ways to do this.
1) I can get a seat specifically for the precedent which mounts on the existing molded plastic. This would not require a rear strut change. It looks like this method may require me to get a specialized front seat belt bracket for the Precedent, since I would not be removing the plastic molded seat rest, etc. Is this correct?
2) I could get a rear seat which would require a change of rear struts. This would require the removal of the plastic molded seat rest, but would allow the use of a universal front seat belt bracket. Is this correct?

What are your opinions on which of these options would be best?

Should I put in HD rear springs or a leaf spring helper?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Chipster27
Getting Wild

With respect to the motor, I went with a Plum Quick Bandit, stock controller/cables and wheels and was seeing 22 mph. Controller was never set to a higher speed setting. Last night I installed a 500amp controller, solenoid, and 2 GA wires. Going to run it this AM.

I can't comment on the back seat as FedEx has lost mine in shipment and I've been waiting 3 weeks for resolution to the claim **pissed**

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
convincor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2007 CC Precedent Upgrade Questions

I just recieved my aluminum rear flip seat from everything carts. The very first step is dealing with mounting the frt seat back to the new set up. Poor directions, so far have not figured it out.

http://www.everythingcarts.com/image..._Flip_Flop.pdf
convincor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
kbrehbay
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

2005 CC Precedent, vinyl wrap, 3" Allsports lift, rear flip seat, Speedlink ($136 and 21 mph). Rear seat install was difficult but only because the instructions were no bad.
kbrehbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrehbay View Post
2005 CC Precedent, vinyl wrap, 3" Allsports lift, rear flip seat, Speedlink ($136 and 21 mph). Rear seat install was difficult but only because the instructions were no bad.
I am assuming you have to remove all of the original seat back rest and struts, then purchase new struts? Is this correct?
Can you tell me more about Speedlink, being new to this, I am not sure what that is.
Great pic and thanks for the help!
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I installed an AllSports rear seat kit and the rear struts came with it. The instruction that came with it were not too bad.

I didn't know about the rear seat kit that could use the OEM struts and I may have went that way if I had known.

Quote:
Should I put in HD rear springs or a leaf spring helper?
Are you planning on installing a lift kit and larger wheels/tires? anyway, if you are planning on hauling a couple big people on the back, you "May" need the heavy duty rear springs.

Some folks say they don't need the heavy duty springs so you may want to wait to see if you need them.

Quote:
Speed upgrade:
I am not looking for a lot of speed, so I thought I would take it to the dealer for an upgrade to speed setting 4. What effect will this have on inclines, battery life, etc.?
Any speed or torque upgrade will affect run time. It should not affect battery life if the batteries are maintained correctly.

I never had the speed upgrade or the Speedlink so I really can't comment on either.
I picked up a good deal on a Plum Quick Bandit motor from one of our members so I went with that. I'm running about 22 mph on flat ground but I have bigger wheels and tires too.

http://www.plumquick.com/motors-and-...es/the-bandit/
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I installed an AllSports rear seat kit and the rear struts came with it. The instruction that came with it were not too bad.

I didn't know about the rear seat kit that could use the OEM struts and I may havse went that way if I had known.
OEM Rear roof supports = rain down spouts

A friend of mine has an 06 Precedent with rear seat kit that uses OEM rear roof supports.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
convincor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am almost done with my 07 Precedent. 6" Allsports lift. 12" Chrome 8 spoke spider wheels. Speed and torque motor 25mph. Painted and smoothed out lower half. It is big metal flake with candy blue over the flake. Also had an airbrush guy to some work on it.
I just got my aluminum rear seat kit. Not done yet but so far I am not impressed with the kit. I figured for the extra money for aluminum it would be a nice kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-21_15-29-17_501.jpg (161.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-18_17-27-48_419.jpg (198.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-27_12-55-17_45.jpg (294.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-02-14_16-35-35_362.jpg (177.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
convincor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Couple more photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-29_12-32-56_637.jpg (373.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-02-25_14-54-47_533.jpg (178.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
OEM Rear roof supports = rain down spouts
The Struts for the AllSports kit are also rain down spouts. The best thing other than looks of the factory roof supports is you get to keep the little cargo basket attached to them.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car