lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
henningerw
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help on where to begin troubleshooting

I have a 96 club car golf cart. it wont go in fwd or reverse. I hear a clicking sound when depressing the gas pedal but nothing is happening. It has voltage at one of the terminals on the battery but nothing goes. I need to know if there us something else i should look at to determine what is going on. i dont have a schematic and im not sure as to the electrical layout of the golf cart. i am an electrician so, im not totally useless. just need some direction as to how this thing works. when i initially looked at it, all of the battery water levels were low. i serviced the water levels on all the batteries and recharged it and i get the same result. i read 60 volts across the batteries and when depressing the gas pedal i read 32 volts on s2 a2 and s1. a1 reads nothing and s1 doesnt have a wire on it.
henningerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
henningerw
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help on where to begin troubleshooting

i do hear a clicking sound when i depress the pedal
Old 03-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

See if any diagrams here help you:

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals/cl...c_vehicles.pdf
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your getting a drop to 32 volts thats your problem...start with batteries and cables......check voltage in each battery take readings with hydrometer in all cells and load test each battery........................once you get a good steady voltage with a drop of just 2 or 3 volts see if cart runs.....if your truly getting a voltage drop down to 32 its never gonna run............is your F&R a lever or a rocker switch?..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
henningerw
Not Yet Wild

its a lever. im not having the voltage drop issue now. i really am unsure what the voltage rating of the batteries are. i have charged them and have got them to read 10vdc now. are they 10 vdc batteries or are they 12vdc? i have 6 batteries. i am having trouble getting my pc to dwnload the diagram, so im still trying to figure this thing out when i have time to.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by henningerw View Post
its a lever. im not having the voltage drop issue now. i really am unsure what the voltage rating of the batteries are. i have charged them and have got them to read 10vdc now. are they 10 vdc batteries or are they 12vdc? i have 6 batteries. i am having trouble getting my pc to dwnload the diagram, so im still trying to figure this thing out when i have time to.
. . my guess is that you have 6 8v batteries . . your cart is either 36 or 48v, not 72v . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
henningerw
Not Yet Wild

ok, well when i read voltage from end to end from first to last battery im reading 60 volts. that is whats confusing. i read from positive reminal on output battery to chassis and that is when im reading 32 volts. am i somehow wrong in assuming that i cant read ground side of the batteries to the positive side? maybe im having a brain fart. dk
Old 03-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can read each battery neg/pos should be over 6.5 volts and you read the total with the pos on the 1st battery and the neg on the last battery. The batteries are in series. The volts is assuming your batteries are all 6 volts
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by henningerw View Post
ok, well when i read voltage from end to end from first to last battery im reading 60 volts. that is whats confusing. i read from positive reminal on output battery to chassis and that is when im reading 32 volts. am i somehow wrong in assuming that i cant read ground side of the batteries to the positive side? maybe im having a brain fart. dk
you can,t use the frame for any of this.....you have to read from batteries or battery and controller, or solenoid but nothing from frame.......i take it you havn,t got anywhere with cart? have you tested each battery ? load tested each one ? how about S/G in each cell........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
henningerw
Not Yet Wild

i dont have the ability to test each battery. i have read the voltage of each battery at 10v, but apprently what im gathering i should =isolate them from each other and see what i read. because there is no way i should read 60. and yes, i have gotten no where w this

Tags
club car 1996, club car wont go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car