lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Lift issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
It can affect just one tire,if your steering box is centered and one wheel is straight.
The steering box has no effect on toe on a DS model. On a Precedent yes, but on a DS not at all. The adjustment on the steering box of a DS model does nothing but adjust how far the car will steer to one side versus the other. It's a single output rack and pinion.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Just to clarify,i wasn't talking about box/rack adjustment.If you have one side adjusted out farther than the other,and the rack is in the center of its' travel,yes, you can have one wheel out of alignment,the same as with a car/truck.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Well i got the back installed last night and adjusted the tie rod as yall suggested. It def straightened it out. Thanks to all that replied!

Im still not sure i understand the whole 1/8" thing? What am i supped to be measuring? Will this insure it is as straight as it sill get? It felt a little off when i took it out last night? Think its just the new feel of it being lifted? How is everyone elses ride?

Sorry for all the questions, i just wanna make sure i get it right!

On a side note, my wife seems less than thrilled about the lift. Might have to do some running boards or whatever.......
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

There are three things you are adjusting. The toe, camber and steering box. Camber is the tilt of the tire. If you were to put a right angle like a framing square up to the tire ( on a level floor) you can visualize the camber, the tops of the tires might be point in or out from the cart. The toe in is how close to parallel your wheels are. The fronts should be ever so slightly closer than the backs. Mark the center of the tires in the front of the cart and measure between them. Roll the cart 1 1/2 turns of the tire, straight ahead stopping so the marks are now in the middle of the back side and measure again. T dawg is right that it is an bit of an illusion, in other words it doesn't matter at this point if the steering wheel appears straight, just turn it so the tires are both pointing equally forward and adjust. Once the toe in is done, use the steering box adjustment to align your steering wheel. This technique isnt perfect but gets the job done. If you find after this that the cart turns too far in one direction and not enough in the other post again, and we can walk you through adjusting the tie rod ends individually.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

well i seem to have another issue now. I have very little brake. There is a lot of play in the pedal. It finallygrabs about 3/4 of the way down.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
well i seem to have another issue now. I have very little brake. There is a lot of play in the pedal. It finallygrabs about 3/4 of the way down.
Adjust the tension of the brake cables on the equalizer located underneath the floorboard. It's right in the middle of the cart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #17
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Thanks tahoedawg -that sorted that out quick.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . should only be about 1/4-1/2" of brake pedal travel before movement of brake actuator arm at wheel . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #19
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Finally got to mess with the cart last night. I got the toe pretty much straightened out. it rides suprisingly well. Thanks to everyone that replied!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Love the LED headlights . . on the dog . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car