lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 36 volt Electric Club Car

Here is a new question for everyone. I wanted to replace the stock 2.97 h.p. motor for something with more torque and speed. I got a red hawk 14hp 48volt motor and was told it would work with my 36volt it would give me more torque and speed but would reduce it to about 7hp which is still doubling my hp now. Have not got to try it yet do to the fact my micro switch on the v-glide broke after I install the motor so I am waiting on the part to arrive. Yes am new to all this. This is a new project for me and my 10 year old. Next thing is what's best for a lift kit and wheels.
smokey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any takers for advice on the above questions....
Old 03-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Why would wiring diagram show it going to a negative terminal?? Now I'm really confused . . .
DC electricity forms nothing more than a loop to make it work. A battery works somewhat like a stereo receiver... It's got an input and an output. Positive being the output, and negative being the input. The negative "Post" that it's hooked to is being fed by the previous positive terminal in the series (the other battery that the battery jumper wire is hooked to.) It's simply hooked to the other side of the wire to achieve the same result. The electricity hasn't yet been through the "INPUT" or "NEG" terminal of that particular battery. Make sense?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
DC electricity forms nothing more than a loop to make it work. A battery works somewhat like a stereo receiver... It's got an input and an output. Positive being the output, and negative being the input. The negative "Post" that it's hooked to is being fed by the previous positive terminal in the series (the other battery that the battery jumper wire is hooked to.) It's simply hooked to the other side of the wire to achieve the same result. The electricity hasn't yet been through the "INPUT" or "NEG" terminal of that particular battery. Make sense?
ok . . makes sense . . the neg is really the pos of the previous battery in the series . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Guys can you answer the question above about changing the motor will it really help in speed and toque....
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey02 View Post
Guys can you answer the question above about changing the motor will it really help in speed and toque....
Don't know for sure. I've never put a 48 volt motor in a 36 volt car.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
ok . . makes sense . . the neg is really the pos of the previous battery in the series . . .
yup
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I guess I will find out tommorow when my mirco switch for the v-glide comes in...If it doesnt am out 450.00 and e-bay here I come....Any suggestion for a good motor for 36volt that will give me speed and toque? How about a lift kit with wheels...
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey02 View Post
I guess I will find out tommorow when my mirco switch for the v-glide comes in...If it doesnt am out 450.00 and e-bay here I come....Any suggestion for a good motor for 36volt that will give me speed and toque? How about a lift kit with wheels...
I am hoping you didnt pay 450 for a micro switch
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #20
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No.That switch was $6.00...I paid 450.00 for the new motor...I was asking about red hawk 14hp 48volt motor and was told it would work with my 36volt it would give me more torque and speed but would reduce it to about 7hp which is still doubling my hp now. Have not got to try it yet do to the fact my micro switch on the v-glide broke after I install the motor so I am waiting on the part to arrive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car