lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
zlangdon
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need Help Badly!!!

I just bought a new ezgo electric cart with no batteries and dont know where all the wires that are cut go to?? I also need help Identifying the year of this cart. I know it is a TXT but cannot find the location of the serial number. It is neither in the passenger glove box of under the flap under the seat? any other ideas. Ive attached some pics of the cart with all the cut wires and a pic of the charger. I am also looking for a actual wiring schematic for this cart. Not a wiring diagram from the stickies these are of no help. I need an actual WIRE Schematic. PLEASE I NEED HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120416-00002.jpg (167.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120416-00003.jpg (256.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120416-00004.jpg (89.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120416-00005.jpg (154.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120416-00007.jpg (232.1 KB, 0 views)
zlangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Longrangehunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Help Badly!!!

the wire loose on the second picture is reference for the battery charger
Longrangehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hope this will help! pic 2 looks like wiring for the charger recepticle, pics 3 & 5 are your direction selector (forward reverse), pic 4 is the controller (black box thing, the silver round thing is the solenoid). It looks like everthing except pic 2 is still wired?

attached some of my info. I have a 95 Medalist (metal body, plate in right glove box area)

What year is my EZ.doc

EXGO model & year look-up.doc

wiring diagram.doc

once you know your year, look through the correct manual in the site below for the wiring, parts, etc

http://www.bennettgolfcars.ca/parts.php
D-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

post more pics of the area in pic #2 (different views)
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The battery sense wire for the charger is in the charger plug rather than the cart's charger receptacle. It touches the Negative Radsok via the Auxiliary contact.
The loose red wire with a push on terminal in second photo is part of the KSI (Key Switch and Interlock) circuit and originally attached to a small white wire coming out of the back of the receptacle, which appears to be missing.
Attached is a picture on receptacle with cover off showing Reed Switch (which connects to the Positive Radsok) with white wire intact and connected to red wire that goes to MS-2 on F/R Assembly.

There is a magnet in the charger plug that opens Reed Switch so cart cannot be driven away when charger is attached. Reed Switch was a high failure item and was bypassed in later production models. Many cart owners have also bypassed the Reed Switch, as this one has been.
The other end of loose red wire in photo-2 should connect to the bottom terminal on MS-2, which is the bottom microswitch shown in photo-5. Instead there is a blue wire coming in from top, which must be connected to B+ someplace not seen in pictures.

It appears that you have a series cart (series would motor) and a Curtis 1206 controller, which means you have an ITS type throttle.
Here is a schematic diagram that should be accurate except for the fact the KSI circuit starts wherever that blue wire on MS-2 is attached to rather than the Reed Switch (Called ignition interlock on the schematic) in the upper left corner. I'm not sure if a wiring diagram showing the actual physical layout of all the wires exists.

Also, here is a wiring diagram showing the interconnecting cables on the battery pack and tells where the main B+ and B- cables connect.

BTW - The Total Charge III is a good charger. IT is 100% repairable, unlike some of the newer chargers.

Added: Looks like you've got 6Ga high current cables and they look pretty sick, so you probably want to consider going to 4Ga or larger.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnie! Nice attachments! I thought I had that wiring diagram (your #2 pic), but only hard copy (not on computer). Never heard of the "reed switch", learned something new today!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is my wiring to the fuse bar, the green then goes to the middle rear battery pos. terminal. This works the horn & lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC pics 0011 (6).jpg (201.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A View Post
Here is my wiring to the fuse bar, the green then goes to the middle rear battery pos. terminal. This works the horn & lights.
That type fuse panel will give you problems! The plastic used will let the rivets loosen resulting in a bad connection. I would advise replacing it with a newer type! I used inline fuses for mine. You can get these at any auto parts store, and the better quality ones are sealed and take the common spade type fuse.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Simple Man, thanks! Working fine now, but something to consider in the future!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
zlangdon
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

All of the battery cables are cut as well. Apparently this thing is a series cart. Apparently there the batteries were fried on this cart and someone tried to fix this without finishing the problem. What would cause this to happen? the person I bought it from gave me an extra controller with it. Every wire in this has to be replaced as they are all cut. except the few running from solenoid to controller. This cart does have a light on the front of it and I need to figure out where to wire that as well. This **** thing is nothing but a headache at this point!
zlangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO