lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default How the cart works

Men I'm going to ask some more dumb questions.
First off let me say,I can follow a wiring diagram on most carts,but I run into a problem when all the wires get back to the controller. They plug in and I don't know where they are coming out, are where they are going,are what they are doing.I know all the wires(voltage) from the reed switch all the way back to the solenoid,that is only one side.The other come out of the controller or I think it does.Then there is the F1 and F2 wires that goes to the motor and nothing will work with out all being in Sync.
So what I'm asking is can some of you, that know the rout of all the wiring through the controller just draw some line on paper that can be followed like a circuit.
Hope this is not to much to ask.

Thanks
Stumpy
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How the cart works

heres a common regen setup. the lighter shaded arrows represent current flowing to the field coils.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regen_current_flow.jpg (164.7 KB, 0 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply.I'm not sure what this is off of but,I should have stated,I'm working on a PDS Ez go.
I understand the flow chart,but this still don't show me what path the voltage is taking when it is plugged into the controller.
None of the flow of voltage will take place if something inside of the controller or the plug in completes the circuit to the solenoid.
That's my problem,I can't tell if it's the controller,motor, solenoid,wiring,any of these will stop the cart.
I can always change parts,but that is expensive and if there is two problems,well hole new ball game.

Thanks as all ways
Stumpy
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

you can test each component individually.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
rib33024

Stumpy

lets start off with what year cart are we talking about?, what is the pack volts and volts of each battery?, and what is the problem you are having with your cart?

[QUOTE=scottyb

Trouble shoot the solenoid activation circuit. that will tell where the problem is. Here is the circuit...

PDS solenoid activation
Power starts on the White wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire.
The red wire travels back through the loom into controller molex connector at pin 4, out of pin9 to the keyswitch and back in pin 8, out pin 1 to the directional toggle switch & back in pin 3 or 4.
Finally coming out pin 7 to positive side of the solenoid activation circuit. (yellow)
The negative side of the solenoid activation circuit is out of pin #6 (blue)

The peddle micro switch is a separate control circuit at controller plug J4 basically red to switch and green back.
The Run/Tow switch is also a separate control circuit.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for this information.That is what I didn't know.Where I am lost is when,IT goes into the plugs ( connection) on the controller.No one has told me what goes on inside of the controller.(switch from forward to reverse).Now I know what the f and r switch does.
Now,for what started all this.I have a 2002 PDS ez go.I have 39.4 volts,this cart worked fine.
Then it would stop running,solenoid would drop out. Had no power to one side of the coil sometime.Let set for a few and would start again.Changed solenoid,no change check all the test in service manual.not sure of the code but it said motor problem.Changed motor.would not run,changed controller.Now it will run but only in reverse.
Now I am just trying to make sure that the rebuilt controller is the problem.YOUR information will be a great help.
If I can check out all the pins and what kind of voltage flow.It seems to me all problem start are show up with the solenoid,because if it don't close then nothing works.I know sometime nothing work when is closed

Thanks to all.
Stumpy.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
heres a common regen setup. the lighter shaded arrows represent current flowing to the field coils.
-sj
nice...I saved this one in my folder..
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
rib33024

if you switch the,- black and the white - wire on top of the controller it should go forward and not reverse,? sounds like a bad controller, but lets see,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks,I tried the Black and white swap and still only runs in reverse.
Do you think A1 and A2 swap will make it change directions????
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks,I tried the Black and white swap and still only runs in reverse.
That is why I am wanting to know how the internal change is made.

Do you think A1 and A2 swap will make it change directions????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO