lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Chopped top Caddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Electric to Gas

I know this has probably been asked somewhere on this forum, and hopefully I won't upset anyone for asking again, but I just restored this 93 Marathon, and I love the way it turned out, I started with a super nice well taken care of cart, and the batteries although weren't new are in good shape, I just really wish it was gas, I know it's probably not practical, but does anyone know ballpark on what it would cost to convert, and can it be done, and if so, can you buy a conversion kit for a 93 marathon, and if so, what should I buy...thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marathon.jpg (173.1 KB, 0 views)
Chopped top Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Chopped top Caddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric to Gas

Anyone have any suggestions? Or is it just to costly to do?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
tcascario
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You may get more responses in the gas section. Most people here love electelectric
tcascario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Chopped top Caddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks tcascario, haven't thought of that, just figured being that mine's electric, I should probably start here. First electric cart, and first resto on one, but I would like to here some pros on the electric as well, it may help me to change my mind, and save some money to boot.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

My thoughts are it would be most cost effective in this order: 1. sell you cart and buy/build a gas model. 2. buy a gas cart and put your body, seats, tires, etc on new cart. 3. custom convert yours over to a gas. I know it can be done, there are plenty of videos of this on YouTube. Most are using a v twin lawnmower motor or a motorcycle motor. I guess depends on you intended use, fabrication skills and budget. I prefer an electric cart because some of the places I go camping, they don't allow gas carts. Just my thoughts.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Chopped top Caddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks wrongway, I think I've decided to stay with electric, I actually just talked with a buddy of mine from Louisianna, that told me the same thing, he gave me plenty of pros on the electric carts, this is my first electric, I just posted a thread about buying new batteries, mine look fine, and they charge fine, but it's only running about 10 to maybe 12 mph fully charged, and I would like it to run closer to a gas cart, not looking for a racer, but would like to get it up to around 20 mph...not sure what to do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO