lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
mauler
Not Yet Wild

Default Charge Port Very Warm

Hey, guys. This is my first post but I've been reading your very intelligent forum for some time (I'm buttering you up) since I inherited my neighbor's 97 Club Car. It's a 48V cart with six 8V batteries.

I inherited it partially because it needed new batteries. It had Trojans and after reading extensively here I decided to put in new Crown CR-165s. So everything is new - batteries and cables, that is.

So after the first drive (about 10 minutes) I got it home and put it on the charger. It charged for longer than I expected so I got worried about the charger (a Powerdrive 1 I believe) not shutting off when it should so I unplugged it. When I did, the end of the charge cable that plugs into the cart was extremely warm. Just slightly too hot to hold for more than a second or two.

Is this normal? Total voltage on the cart is now at 50.7 Volts.

Thanks in advance for the help.
mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charge Port Very Warm

Heat means a poor connection. I'm not familiar with Club Cars plug, but see if you can clean the contacts in both the plug and the receptacle. If it still gets hot you may be able to replace the contacts in the plug and the receptacle. If the contacts are not replaceable you'll have to replace the plug and the receptacle.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
rib33024

Default Re: Charge Port Very Warm

Welcome to BGW

the pack will get up around 61 to 63 volts before the charger will turn off by it's self, this can take up to 16 hours, as to why it's getting hot, are you sure every thing is wired right.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car