lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Bo Bland
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rookie Basic Question

Thanks guys for all the information it is much appreciated.

Bo
Bo Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Bo Bland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I have a 2000 DS and a 2008 Precedent IQ.

I have upgraded both carts with new controllers and motors and both go identical speed of about 25MPH.

The Precedent has a sturdier frame.

The DS is a little more roomy leg room wise.

The biggest difference is that the Precedent is sooo much smoother when givng it throttle. And I like the looks of the Precedent, just looks cleaner and more modern.

In fact I now have my DS for sale because I prefer the Precedent.
I guess one major question before I would make a decision is cost, how much is the DS you are looking? A refurbished 2008 Precedent with new batteries would have cost me $4,200, I bought mine with used batteries for $3,500.
I have found a 2001 DS with new Duracell batteries ??? for 1400.00.

It looks to be in real good shape. Any thoughts on Duracell Batteries???

I have also found a 2008 EZ GO with new batteries for $ 1650.

I am undecided, just do not know which way i am going.

Thanks for the input...

Bo
Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
We got a bulletin last month about it. They're gonna make them through the 2013 model year and stop after that. They just weren't selling. The Precedent was consuming 90% of their sales and the other 10% were near freebies just to get people to buy them. It's been a long haul though. 33 years. Good cars, but it's time to move on I guess.
Yeah I've noticed that EVERY course around me has only Precedents
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Bland View Post

Thanks for the input...

Bo
I can't give you any input on the Duracell batteries as I've never seen them. However, if they're anything like the Energizer they're pretty much a good 2 year battery. It's a great battery for someone to buy and try to sell their car with new batteries. As for the EZGO, I'm biased to Club Car for several reasons. Every time I work on on EZGO I yell, scream, and cuss and throw tools. But different strokes for different folks I guess. Sounds like a good price I suppose. A Club Car of the same year would be a great deal at that price.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yeah I've noticed that EVERY course around me has only Precedents
Yep. But signs of the past will still be rolling off of the line every day in the Carryall line. They're going to still use the DS front suspension and cowl, for now.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:

Thanks for the input...

Bo
Duracell are a cheaper brand from Sam's, I think they are $85 each, I just replaced my batteries with T875's for about $150 each. I really do not think the Duracells will last long, maybe two years.

As far as carts, what is your budget, something newer, Like 2008, and super nice is gunna run $3500 plus unless you find a steal.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
Bo Bland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Duracell are a cheaper brand from Sam's, I think they are $85 each, I just replaced my batteries with T875's for about $150 each. I really do not think the Duracells will last long, maybe two years.

As far as carts, what is your budget, something newer, Like 2008, and super nice is gunna run $3500 plus unless you find a steal.
I am looking in the 2k - 3k range. something basic i can work on do to it what i want. I just do not want to start out with a headache...

As i said i gat a buddy who can get the carts very reasonable. He can get a 2008 EZ GO PDS with new Trojan batteries in it for 1675.00. Nothing extra, just cart new batteries and windshield.

I have read alot about both carts and all seem to have their quirks. I guess if i can pull a motor from a car and rebuild it i can work on a golf cart.

thanks foryour input.

Bo
Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
I am looking in the 2k - 3k range. something basic i can work on do to it what i want. I just do not want to start out with a headache...

As i said i gat a buddy who can get the carts very reasonable. He can get a 2008 EZ GO PDS with new Trojan batteries in it for 1675.00. Nothing extra, just cart new batteries and windshield.

I have read alot about both carts and all seem to have their quirks. I guess if i can pull a motor from a car and rebuild it i can work on a golf cart.

thanks foryour input.

Bo
For 3500 you will get a great club car, good luck.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

thanks foryour input.

Bo
Is the 08 PDS a 36 Volt or 48 Volt cart. There are real limitations you will have to live with with a 36 Volt cart (power, run time, upgrade costs).
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Bo Bland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Is the 08 PDS a 36 Volt or 48 Volt cart. There are real limitations you will have to live with with a 36 Volt cart (power, run time, upgrade costs).
That is my biggest concern with this cart, it is 36 volts. What are the drawback beside run time?

Bo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car