lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1990 ezgo elec problem going

i have a 1990 ezgo that i just replaced the control box in, and now when you push the peddal it takes a min to take off, some times you have to keep pushing it and sometimes it dose nothing at all. what in the world could it be. i have checked all the wire conection and the solinoid click every time. out of ideas any help would be great.
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 ezgo elec problem going

Also there is a little wining nose coming from either the control box or the motor I’m not sure where.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Does it hesitate after the solenoid clicks, or does the solenoid click occur a moment or two after the throttle is pushed. ?

The Curtis 1204 controller has a High Pedal Disable (HPD) safety and if it sees more than the normal pedal up resistance at the throttle input when it is told to turned on, it doesn't.

Check the throttle pot. It might be dirty and/or out of adjustment.
---------------

Is it a high pitched whine? The controller output is pulsed DC at 15kHz.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah as soon as you push the pedal the solenoid clicks and then it takes a few seconds then it just takes off and i mean take off, and yeah it is a high pitched whine, it sarts off loud then fades out the longer you have the pedal pushed. but i will try cleaning the pod and adjustinging it and see what that does i will be in touch and let you know if it works or not, or if you have anymore sugestions please let me know.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Pull the black and white wires off the controller and measure between them with an Ohmmeter.
Should read close to zero Ohms with pedal up

Slowly press pedal to floor.
Reading should climb smoothly to about 5,000 Ohms.

-------------
Don't know about the whine, maybe there is something arcing someplace.
Anything getting hot?
Any smell of ozone?

Try cleaning and adjusting the contacts on the F/R switch.
Clean and tighten all connectors in High current circuit.
Be careful with the battery studs - Torque spec is only 90 to 120 in/lb, which is just 10 ft/lb.
Also be careful with motor studs. Use a second wrench on bottom nut to keep the stud from turning. It screws up the wiring inside if they turn.
Same with the solenoid studs.

Might be worn brushes in motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm....What an Interesting problem. Where have I seen this Before LOL.

Same exact problem on my end CFXStrokes 55 don't feel bad your not alone now. Let me know what your solution is and I will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks, Good Luck on your Cart,

Well maybe it is just a similar problem when I push my pedal it wont move unless its already rolling.

Matt

Last edited by pjmia96; 10-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: EDIT
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok well the omhs never climed to 5000 in fact they never left 0 so i thought we where on to something, i repaced it then i hooked it back up checked the omhs and they worked perfect, cut cart on and still the samething. i have repalced the wires in the process and there it new wire every where except to the motor i am going to replace them today and see what happens any other sugestion of what i may look for while i am doing this. as far as the whine i no longer here it but befor when i did hear it there was never anything getting hot or any smell that i could tell, i have a old motor that i am going to put in and try that to. keep sugestions comeing i will take all of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO