lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Radio Speaker Install

Installed a really nice radio & 2 speakers this weekend. It all went well except for the speaker on the drivers side. There is a vertical metal support too close to the charger plug-in. Had to trim about an inch off of it to get the speaker to fit. Painted the speaker covers tan to match the cart. They came white & nothing on the cart is white.
You notice that the speakers are not even (right one is closer to side). If I would have put the right one in the same spot as the left I would have had to cut that side support also. Didn't wanna do that.
This is a marine style radio & speakers. Hopefully this will help on the CD skipping on bouncing & moisture.

Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio Speaker Install

Looks good Ronnie

how did you hook up an antennae?
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nothing fancy. Tire-wrapped it to the passenger side roof support. Ran wire in the same place as the other wires to the radio. A person could drill into the vertical roof support (sounds weird but I don't know what else to call it) and feed the antenna wire down thru it. I just tie-wrapped it down and into the storage compartment. Then thru a hole that I drilled in the side of the compartment. It's dark in there. so it's not very noticeable :)
PS; If you notice all the hair on the console, it's the Pug I have :)
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
rodknocker
Not Yet Wild

Looks good! I struggled with the antenna mounting as well. I bought one of the flexible rubber (?) antenna from auto parts store. I mounted mine under the front cowl horizontally. A small piece of alum angle for a mounting bracket fastened with 2 self tapping screws to the cowl frame. All hidden and does a good job for signal.
rodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here's my powered antenna. Works good over an hour outside Atlanta.

It's powered by the stereo power antenna out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2759.jpg (323.8 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniek View Post
Installed a really nice radio & 2 speakers this weekend. It all went well except for the speaker on the drivers side. There is a vertical metal support too close to the charger plug-in. Had to trim about an inch off of it to get the speaker to fit. Painted the speaker covers tan to match the cart. They came white & nothing on the cart is white.
You notice that the speakers are not even (right one is closer to side). If I would have put the right one in the same spot as the left I would have had to cut that side support also. Didn't wanna do that.
This is a marine style radio & speakers. Hopefully this will help on the CD skipping on bouncing & moisture.

Looks good Ronnie! If you want to stuff the gap because of the side post by the recepticle stantion that is preventing your speaker from being flat. Just go get some plexi or some type of poly material from the hardware store and make yourself a shim. Shims hide a lot of sins.

Looks good man.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I want to do something to fill the gap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO