lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st Club Car Build

Fuse block, ground block and voltage reducer arrived next day. Quandry where to put voltage reducer? remembered tip about battery issue and found another great tip from same member (sorry i can't find who to give credit to, will work on that) Purchased aluminum bar cut it to size, and bolted reducer to it and bolted the whole contraption to seat crosmembers. Perfect! Mounted fuse block and ground bolck to front side of plate that carries the OBC and Controller, drilled hole through plate for ground wire from reducer, install grommett and hook up ground wire to block, Ran wires from ground and power from batteries to controller and the ran hot wire from controller to fuse block. Ran wires to batteries in 1/4 inch flex to avoid abrasion. This is going altogether too smoothly..... shoot, didn't get fuse block level... oh well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voltage installed.JPG (291.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fuse block install.JPG (270.1 KB, 0 views)
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsehc View Post
noticed while cleaning mud from cart that the battery crossmember was a goner acid/ rust borrowed tip from another member installed aluminum angle bar across to keep batteries from going south great tip and it came from this forum yahoo! thanx!
. . . acid corrosion . . yes . . . rust . . . no . . aluminum doesn't rust . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ah yes, of course....
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Decided since we were going with a black / yellow theme to paint the front metal black as well as the seat and roof metal. Sanded, acetone rub, acid primed, rust oleum black. Much more difficult to get good results than I had anticipated ...
May end up having these parts anodized.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (272.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

4gauge wires,lights,and lift kit arrived. Installed 4 gauge wiring, hooked up and pulled hot and ground wires to front of cart for stereo, aux power, and voltmeter. Ran wiring for lights and secured to frame. Lift kit tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (246.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah secured the batteries with the hold downs. Much more better now!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Moving forward ...lift kit time all sport 6 inch A arm is kit of choice By the way wanted to give kudos to WWFord for the aluminum angle repair to battery bracket tip as well as the aluminum bar mounting idea for my controller this forum is great! Stock front end came off much too easily ( 2 weeks soaking with liquid wrench sure helped) bolted on all sport kit and something is just not right..cry:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (250.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Whoops I meant voltage reducer...... I couldn't figure out why the driver side upper A arm was not dropping to the correct angle to engage the spindle. I finally realized that the weld on the barrel portion of the A arm was sloped at a 22 degree angle unlike the left side which. was welded perfectly level down the center apex of the barrel therefore it was resting on top of the bolt that attached the kit to the frame...frustrated I spoke with a rep at the company from which it was purchased and was counseled to try several different "fixes" until I forwarded several pictures to them and demanded that they either send me a new A arm or an RA# to return the entire kit. 1week later I had a new A arm in possession and installed on the cart. Whew! Note to self: buy from BGW sponsors !!! of course I then proceeded to install all the passenger side shock upside down and not realize it until showed it a friend who asked if it was supposed to be that way.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (233.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Set the shock upright put on the front wheels and tires and breathed a sigh of relief...took picture with reference beer for perspective...then decides to call it a day declare it beer thirty and go for nine holes with my overly observant friend...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (253.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure why the photos are inverted but they seem to be ok when you click on them!?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car