lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #21
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1st Club Car Build

Are we haven de ja vu?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure what you mean speedchaser, nightmares maybe....
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #23
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I was only kidding, it just seamed like a whole lot of work done in one day with parts showing up and was joking that maybe the work had been going on for days or weeks and having de ja vu of all work being done in one day. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

moved onto rear lift with much trepidation after having read the trials and tribulations of the rest of the forum.....went to rear leaf bolts first, 1 hour spent hammering, spraying liquidwrench, hammering, cursing, hammering some more, finally rear bolts out. whew! moved to front bolts, left side got the nylock off fairly easily ( proper amount of force, grunting and swearing) hammered on bolt with claw hammer, hmmm no joy moved to 4 lb. sledge, still no luck moved to grinder, one side through, yippee! movred to other side, grinder kicked and ate wheel, !#@&#! off to hardware store for another, no to heck with that 3 more, just in case... fired up new wheel and got through second side, my word! move to right side no joy with locknut evreything rusted to high heaven (did I mention ability of caked on mud to complicate matters?) No worries, lets get grinding. halfway through inside leaf grinder kicks and eats another wheel, hah! I got 2 more, bring it on! new wheel and 5 minutes later through inside, move to outside making great progress, wheel binds in rubber metal amalgam bounces. out of round! (is there a pro nearby to finish this????) bolt on third wheel get through outside. hallelujah! it now becomes apparent that the bolt heads and nylock left have a very tenacious grip on the leaf hangers and will not go without a fight. take break have a sandwich and a beer, ah, much better! and get to working the sledge VICTORY! happy dance in garage embarrassing wife and frightening neighbors....1 hour later rear bolted on and happiness reigns... what a chore!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear 1.JPG (327.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear2.JPG (342.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear 3.JPG (291.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #25
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Speedchaser you are correct this is asequence of events destined to make me looney over a 3 week period. but it is nice to start seeing some progress. Hopin for the best!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #26
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Having finished what I perceive to be the bulk of the mechanical operations, I decided to get all the wiring in order so that the body and dash parts could be bolted on. Pulled stereo, aux power, voltmeter, and extra pair of hot and ground wires to front of cart as well as pulling stereo wiring to back of cart for high range speakers that I hope to mount to the roof supports. All wiring is in flex to preclude premature wear. Decided to mark left and right speaker wires for the future hookup and then decide to bare a pair of the wires and use a hot and ground to send voltage through them to deternmine which was which. Simple, eh? Pick a pair of hot and ground wires, connect them to the speaker cable, go to rear ose 12 volt test light to check, and poof! goes the test light. Seems that the two wires I chose were the 48 volt leads for the voltmeter rather than the 12 volt wiring going through the voltage reducer...... Brilliant! at least i know which is right and left....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wire mess 1.JPG (308.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wire mess 2.JPG (329.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsehc View Post
Speedchaser you are correct this is asequence of events destined to make me looney over a 3 week period. but it is nice to start seeing some progress. Hopin for the best!
Lookin good so far.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Does anyone have experience with Gulf Coast Golf carts?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got my answer... will hope fpr the best. got the rear cowl from paint and decided to get it mounted. Diamond plate should be here soon, and then after I see how it fits I can mount the fender flares and trim if necessary. Mounted rear cowl and tailights and was admiring the look when I noticed an aluminum part leaning against the wall that seemed lonely.... oh, shoot! the front supprt bracket for the cowl!! well, heck! Guess I'll do it over.... Hey wait, might I be able to shoehorn this thing in if I undo the front cowl mounting screws? YES! WooHoo! sigh of relief.... exciting now seeing some of the end results. as soon as the rest of the parts get here I can continue. This forum has been invaluable to me, thanx to all who contribute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear 1.JPG (261.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear 2.JPG (221.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear 3.JPG (259.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg full shot.JPG (277.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #30
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

While waiting for the other parts I decided to recover the seats. Pull a massive amount of staples, ascertain that he foam will still work, stretch over new vinyl, attach new vinyl in several key spots to assess fit, pull out most of those staples, and try again. approve new fot and attach with a massive amount of new staples. Cool!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seats.JPG (245.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car