lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help! Ezgo wont go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Love View Post
My shifter is a switch on the dash. Pretty sure its good. Clicks when i push it both ways.
Ok then its not the same as what I had
ATOMIC_BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have PDS (sepex) Drive system. The solenoid should click when you turn the cart on if it is in gear and each time you shift and also when you press the gas.
If the solenoid clicks when the carts on & in gear, but the cart won't move you may have a speed control problem. Did this start suddenly or is it an intermittent problem which became worse?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
Dr.Love
Not Yet Wild

solenoid clicks when the cart is turned one and switched into gear. Dont think its been clicking when the gas is hit. The cart has been slowing down the past few days and finally stopped the other day. Also after i ride for long periods of time i would smell something burning. Just thought it might have been the solenoid buring up. I just replaced it 2 months ago. After it died this time a new solenoid didnt fix the problem.
Dr.Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay, I'm assuming stock controller and solenoid? ... any modifications to your cart?
How do you use it? .. how many people ride on it?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #15
Dr.Love
Not Yet Wild

Alltrax controller, super duty solenoid, and plug quick motor. All wires of been upgrade too. But my voltmeter on the motor and pressed the gas. Meter showed 38 volts but axle didnt turn. I am pretty handy and get test anything else just dont know where do look next.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With the cart up off the floor try this;

CONTROLLER OUTPUT TEST
Place the DVM test leads on the B- and M- terminals on the controller. The voltage between those two terminals should read FULL battery pack voltage when the pedal is pushed just enough for the solenoid to click and will go to Zero (or close to it) when the pedal is fully depressed.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Also, check the F1 & F2 cables from controller to motor.
The insulation wears off and the wires break where they are routed around the battery frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 01-31-2013 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Added attachment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
Dr.Love
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I will check both of these things when I get off work this afternoon. If no voltage on the controler does it mean its bad? What would be the best one to go back with?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax400 and 200a HD solenoid with 4g cables is the best combo for this cart. You will gain about 35% more torque and speeds up to 24mph on stock size tires. You can see the combo here > http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

And for sure check those cables before you replace the control, if they are rubbed bare it could have been the source of your trouble.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
Dr.Love
Not Yet Wild

I am getting 28 or so volts when I when I put my meter on B- and M-. When I press the gas it goes to 0 volts. solenoid clicks when cart is but in gear but not when the gas is pressed. Is something wired backwards to have power before I hit the gas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO