lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking 2010 club car precedent I2, looking to upgrade.

I have a 6inch lift with 22" tires and I'm looking to upgrade the motor and controller to a 500amp system. I want a controller I can program my self without having to take it in a shop. What controller would you guys recommend and what type motor? I want torque and a good top speed between 25 and 30mph. The current controller I have is the Gray Curtis 250amp stock with a code 4 on it. My current top speed is 21 but the torque isn't the best. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds speed and torque. If you guys could give me part numbers and where to buy It would be greatly appreciated.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 club car precedent I2, looking to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
I have a 6inch lift with 22" tires and I'm looking to upgrade the motor and controller to a 500amp system. I want a controller I can program my self without having to take it in a shop. What controller would you guys recommend and what type motor? I want torque and a good top speed between 25 and 30mph. The current controller I have is the Gray Curtis 250amp stock with a code 4 on it. My current top speed is 21 but the torque isn't the best. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds speed and torque. If you guys could give me part numbers and where to buy It would be greatly appreciated.
I am guessing by reading between the tea leaves that you have an Excel system as do I, only a 2009 system. I am in the middle of an upgrade. 500 Amp Alltrax controller, HD 400 Solenoid and 2g cables(done). The problem was that you also have to replace the wiring harness. I have one on order and has not yet arrived. At least with this setup, the controller works for an IQ system which the Excel is not. Hence the wiring hardness should rectify that.

Keep asking questions as this may not be the same for some of the other brands of controllers. I suspect it is but I am no expert.

So hang loose and I will update once I complete mine. There are a few guys on this forum that have already gone through this and may have more to add.

Regards,
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Where did you get your solenoid from? And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the battery cables I have stock are 4 gage? Their is not any writing on the cables to verify. But they seem to look 4 gage to me. Do we need to change out the gas Pedal assembly? Also if I change out the hole wiring harness that should accommodate any plum quick motor right. I would like the executioner but the bandit will only work as of now. Is their a significant diffrence from the bandit with a 500 amp controller a posed to the executioner with a 500 amp system?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Controller and Solenoid(as well as cables) came from ScottyB at Cartsunlimited.com(site sponsor). If the cables are stock then they are 6g. I am not sure but I don't think the harness is required to change out the motor - I haven't looked into that. The controller I went after is more for torque than speed. Although I would "guess" it would support either the Bandit or Executioner.

I suspect the Plum Quick will be next upgrade but not looking for now.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will the new solenoid work with the excel wiring and factory setup?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
Will the new solenoid work with the excel wiring and factory setup?
I believe I found a great read on the Alltrax sites around the different size of Solenoids. I can't remember if was on the trouble shooting links or somewhere else. It talked about the Solenoids purpose is to handle amps and what not. So regardless of whether it works or not will most likely not benefit anything as your amps will remain the same without a higher amp controller and wires. So when upgrading the controller, you must update the Solenoid.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

So - make sure you go read my thread on this subject. Harness came in and installed today. Was really about that easy and this was something I have never done before.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...id-cables.html

Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 2010 club car precedent I2, looking to upgrade.

After doing some research i called alltrax and they said that 2010 models are good to go with Dcx 500iq. The 2008-2009 models have a different throttle peddle Aka Mcore. That gives all the trouble. if you have a 2010 like mine then it's just plug and play.

But even better I called www.fsip.biz and they have a GE controller that you can get in 300 or 500amps made specifically for the club car excel. it comes with a harness adapter that plugs into the stock harness and then into the GE controller. no more IQ harness wire swaps. it's the perfect upgrade but cost $609.00 for the 500amp version. It also comes with instructions. below is the link with fsip all new controllers for 2013. The GE is on page 12 hope this helps out the Club Car excel owners such as myself.

Controller GE # 51-FX503G021K

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/GolfPO_web2012.pdf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car