lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
al471990
Not Yet Wild

Default jumpy acceleration with resistor cart

Im having an issue with a 95 club car ds 36 volt with v glide and resistors under the seat. it is extremely jumpy in forward and reverse. forward is far worse though and if you hit the throttle even a little bit it squeels the tires and jumps. after you get going it is extremely smooth. i have checked battery voltage and they are all at abut 6.2 volts but i have not load tested them yet.
thanks, Alex
al471990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: jumpy acceleration with resistor cart

Forward is 36 volts, reverse is 18 volts...that's why your problem is not as severe in reverse. Do you have one solenoid in front of batteries with resistor coils (only) behind batteries; or a bank of solenoids (with resistor coils attached) all behind the batteries?
I would think you have the first scenario. check every connection on the cart, including motor and make sure they are all clean, tight and connected. 6.2 is about 80% of full charge, i believe. Open up the vglide and make sure it is functioning correctly (disconnect the main battery pack pos and neg cables first!). Press on the go pedal and watch the vglide arm move. I'd start there.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: jumpy acceleration with resistor cart

How far do you have to push the peddle before the cart moves? 25% or 50% ?
Maybe a broken low speed coil?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car