lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Troubleshooting multiple carts with the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJR View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Scotty. How would the SPM controllers hold up in a water/dirt environment? These are hunting buggies that aren't owned by me. I take care of my carts and keep them clean and maintained. These carts sit at a hunting camp, muddy, with very little regular maintenance done.
The SPM line of controllers are the newest generation of golf cart speed controls from Alltrax. They are constructed appear to be constructed in a similar manner to the AXE controls but, may be a little more open with the addition of a cooling fan. The electronics are still potted in resin, meaning they are encapsulated and protected from dirt and moisture, same as the AXE. No golf cart controller is waterproof. The SPM does have reverse polarity protection. This could save your controller in the event of a motor failure or other catastrophic short.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #22
detroitdeb22
Not Yet Wild

I have a alltrax axe light does not light up at all on it .is there a way to test it out of the cart ?
detroitdeb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #23
tunnelmike
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My cart is set up similar,I had a start to go then stop problem and my fnr switch was a little loose. It would test fine but fail under a load. Just throwing that out there,it gave me fits. Mike
tunnelmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdeb22 View Post
I have a alltrax axe light does not light up at all on it .is there a way to test it out of the cart ?
It is typically better to start a new thread than resurrect an old one since the same set of symptoms have different meanings in different carts and may have different solutions.

You can power up an AXE controller and program it out of the cart (See attached), but that is all that is practical for the average cart owner.

To bench test a controller, you'll need an appropriate power supply and test load, or in other words, you need the equivalent of a cart on the test bench.

You didn't describe the cart the AXE is in, and the are put in a lot of different carts, and there are two variants or input connectors on AXE controllers, but in most carts the voltage that tells the AXE to power up, passes through three or four sets of switch contacts in series, so it is easy to troubleshoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bench Power -AXE and DCX.JPG (112.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO