lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
ItsAdam1
Not Yet Wild

Default How can I tell which battery setup I have?

Hello my names Adam I am new here looking for help trouble shooting my cart now I think i have a 1997 Ezgo textron but how can I tell if its DS non DS or what? Plus its currently not running the batteries are fairly new they are getting over 12volts each one. but when I press the pedal nothing happens... Where should I start looking at the pedal?
ItsAdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How can I tell which battery setup I have?

Adam, for starters, the batteries.....you should have 6 6v batteries, not 12v batteries, if you do....someone has done some type of conversion job, with isn't the way to go at all. if you have a DVM what is each one showing for a charge? if it's only showing 12v, its about dead, which could be the reason it doesn't move. A 36v cart with a full charge will have 38.2v.

oh and btw......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

HOW many 12v batteries do you have in her? 3 or 4 ? Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
If yes can you put a meter on the pack and tell us what the pack reads total and then what it drops to when the solenoid clicks.

Here is a chart for ezgo drive system identification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
ItsAdam1
Not Yet Wild

I forgot that these are 6volt batteries, I am guessing the relay is stuck but I touched the post on the left side of the relay and it buzzed, so i hit the pedal and it moved. So it working now......
ItsAdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO