lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
indawoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS dragging its rear end

Thanks, Sergio! I had both wheels off the ground and one turned easier then the other, but I forget which one. I plan to try again in the next few days as part of my lube/cleaning project. One things for sure, even with total clearance of the brake shoes from the drum after I adjusted the star wheels, the wheels don't spin totally free right now. I'll post after this next attempt.
indawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Some of these carts have 90 w gear oil like used in older cars and trucks, change it to a good 30 w motor oil. That will give you more speed and torque.

On edit I see you are in the process of doing just that.

Last edited by mrgolf; 12-11-2013 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Re read thread.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
See attached pic. Hope this helps
So do you actually fill it up at the fill plug that you have circled (looks difficult given it is "sideways" or do you use the plug on top to fill it up and wait till it gets the height of the fill plug? Feel like an idiot for asking these questions to those of you who know that this stuff is probably obvious, but I gotta know! Thanks again.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Yes fill it at the fill plug. Walmart sells a little pump I use over near all the oil and stuff
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

fill until fluid comes out hole, then case has correct amount of fluid. if it is cold, you might do this several times with short runs in between fills to get fluid into axle tubes at the correct level.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you have easy access to the top plug, use it to fill, until oil comes out the fill plug hole. The oil don't care how it gets in there, just the correct amount.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #17
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
If you have easy access to the top plug, use it to fill, until oil comes out the fill plug hole. The oil don't care how it gets in there, just the correct amount.
That works, but from my experience it takes a LONG time to fill it through the vent hole on top. Much easier to just fill it from the fill plug, though one of those little pump deals is a necessity.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry if I kinda hijacked the thread, but this really helped. Gonna change fluid this weekend! Thanks again.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
indawoods
Not Yet Wild

Yesterday was a great day!

After changing the differential oil (on Saturday), yesterday i jacked the cart up and the hubs seemed to be spinning more normally. I then heavily sprayed both brake assemblies with brake cleaner, readjusted the adjusters and lubed whatever I could get to with a dry spray lube and all seems to be functioning well.

I haven't clocked it yet but it seems to be 1-2 mph faster then before with less strain on the motor. Does anyone know how fast a stock 2000 with the 3.75 hp motor should go? This fix is giving me about 16 - 17 mph.

One last comment... when I drained the oil, it looked ok and there were no noticeable pieces of debris. As someone suggested, I jacked up each side and this helped get most of the old oil out.

When I refilled it, it wouldn't take 22 oz. It was more like 16. I ran it and topped it off with another ounce or so. Does this seem strange or is this normal? There are no odd sounds and all seems good!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this project!!!!!
indawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #20
Blackonblackcc
Gone Wild

Club Car

Changing my differential oil today 03 club car ds. Car does summer and winter is this oil correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Blackonblackcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car