lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default CC still won't go... what to try next?

Just finished installing ScottyB's super duty reversing contactor. I believe I installed it correctly. It will click when F or R is selected but once the pedal is pushed the cart no go. I can't tell if the solenoid is clicking because I installed the reversing contactor right next to the solenoid and the contactor clicks loudly.
All cables are good. I checked every single one.
I figure it is either the controller or solenoid, right? How do I test them?
Initially the cart cut out while running full speed... played around with HD F/R switch at the time and it started running again. Then a couple days later the cart died while towing a heavy load slowly and would not move again (winch came in very handy). Dead ever since.
Is there a good test for the solenoid besides buying a new one?
How about a test for the controller? The green light comes on when the pedal is pushed if that matters...?

other ideas?

I believe the green/white stripe and the white/blk stripe wires off the previous microswitch from the HD F/R switch need to be connected. Green/wht comes from PB-6 and white/blk goes to solenoid. Connecting them completes the circuit to the solenoid thereby activating it?? That is also what makes the green light on the controller come on when pedal is pressed.
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg micro.jpg (133.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg installed.jpg (132.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Extractor; 01-31-2014 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: update II
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2014, 05:47 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: CC still won't go... what to try next?

when towing heavy load "slowly", was GO pedal to the floor?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Did you get the solenoid to activate BEFORE you put the contactor in? Your other thread ended with the solenoid not working.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
when towing heavy load "slowly", was GO pedal to the floor?
no. pedal was barely applied and cart was moving appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
Did you get the solenoid to activate BEFORE you put the contactor in? Your other thread ended with the solenoid not working.
I want to say yes but that was a while ago and now I am second guessing myself. ScottyB is researching the contactor setup since the install instructions were slightly different that how the actual contactor was setup originally. So in the meantime I thought it best to run tests on my solenoid. Searching came up with nothing yet on how I test it. It's just an activation circuit, right? So, I need to measure current across the two large terminals...which get activated by current across the two small terminals, right?
Then again I also learned there is a more heavy duty solenoid out there which I didn't know about. Anyone recommend where to get a super duty solenoid??
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car