lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Blacklab20
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default HELP-ID possible project ezgo and what to look for/at

About to go look at this project ezgo stretched cart. I have a club car DS I just recently started refurbishing but very much a novice and not familiar with inner working of ezgo at all. Looking at cart in 2 hours

I do not know the year of cart pictured. Or anything other than the owner was told he needed a new controller. No batteries, does have a charger. The price is right just want to know what I'm getting myself into and don't want to overlook some major item I'm not aware of on these carts.

Is it same as a car in the sense it is batteries, controller, on board computer? And motor?

I know how to tell if it is sepex or series cart - does it matter if it is one or the other? Better or worse?

How can I determine 36 or 48 v? Does the controller determine that exclusively? If so I guess that is a non issue since it will get a new controller.

Thanks for the help. I need parts for my DS and this one if I buy it - if any vendor experts out there can help with advice I will return the favor by purchasing parts from you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart ezgo limo.jpg (45.5 KB, 0 views)
Blacklab20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Blacklab20
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HELP-ID possible project ezgo and what to look for/at

sorry about double post - picture issues - didn't like my ipad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart ezgo limo.jpg (45.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Blacklab20; 04-02-2014 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: picture attachment issues
Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like a cool project. I'm not the most knowledgeable member here but taking a guess it looks like a sepex cart. This is a way to tell, courtesy of JohnnieB since I borrowed it from one of his posts:

It looks like a good opportunity to put what you want into it. Just out of curiosity how much is the seller asking?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi blacklab and welcome to bgw.. Be sure to find a serial number plate because....i'm not sure, it's just a feeling i have. This cart look a chinesse imitation of ez go. If it's an imitation don't buy it, i've buy one it was the worst cart i ever had..
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Blacklab20
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: HELP-ID possible project ezgo and what to look for/at

How do I ID if it is an EZGO serial? Found what I think is the serial on cross bar on battery compartment HFG 0048 0703. Chinese or not the frame appears to be stock limo (not homemade stretch job) and motor is after market, controller will be new, body and frame solid and pretty sure I can easily triple my $ on parts due to low sale price

Guy says it is an 03 EZGO. Was a transport in parking lot at a refinery. Cohen controller went out the controller + $100 per hour charge caused them to retire it (I know doesn't make sense but it does in their world).

Says motor upgraded to an 11hp - motor is much bigger than the stock GE on my club car. Motor sticker says:

Telesun
T4
H.P. 11
Volt 48
Amp 220
RPM 1700
Wound Series
Plus a few more lines of info....Is that Good? Bad? Great?

Motor says series but it has a toggle F/R switch that appears to indicate sepex?? But motor not stock so?? Do I have to match controller to motor? Or is a controller a controller for either type of motor?

At first blush it needs batteries, controller and a wiring harness do to some broker/chewed wires. Frame solid but surface rust (gulf coast) makes me appreciate my alum club car DS frame.

For the guy who asked the price - this is going to cost just about what I laid for a used charger for my club car the other day... and this one comes with charger and I need one of the tires (the only good one on it) so I bought a charger and got the cart for free as I see it.

Any info or advice on what and how to refurb this is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (118.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, sounds like a good deal.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklab20 View Post
How do I ID if it is an EZGO serial? Found what I think is the serial on cross bar on battery compartment HFG 0048 0703. Chinese or not the frame appears to be stock limo (not homemade stretch job) and motor is after market, controller will be new, body and frame solid and pretty sure I can easily triple my $ on parts due to
Sound, good, if you have the serial number go to shopezgo, and enter your serial number, you will have the information of the cart on my chinesse one, the serial number was on the back of the first seat row.....i doesn't mean you can't do a great job,,, if the price is right take it !!!!!! Look this is my chinesse one.....

Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #8
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Sound, good, if you have the serial number go to shopezgo, and enter your serial number, you will have the information of the cart on my chinesse one, the serial number was on the back of the first seat row.....i doesn't mean you can't do a great job,,, if the price is right take it !!!!!! Look this is my chinesse one.....

Wow, that looks really good. I'm going to have to read up on these Chinese versions.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #9
Blacklab20
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Kal - you were right. Looks like one of the Chinese carts.

So here is the question (probably stupid)...

Since it is just a body, motor and frames with wheels brakes etc. CAN I JUST CHOOSE A WIRING HARNESS AND CONTROLLER that are consistent with one another and install the entire system start to finish? What else will I need to change or add? Ignition etc?

OR

should I just rob the the 11hp motor and/ or anything else that I can use for club car or sell and be done with it?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Actually it was jd62 that was right, but I'll take the compliment. I don't know why you couldn't put in a system from scratch or like one out of a txt or something, but I don't know anything about the Chinese carts. Theoretically you could put something like that in because when you upgrade parts you put in your own controller, solenoid, f/r switch, motor, etc.. The only thing that seems to stay stock is the wiring harness and throttle control, and you could rob that out of a donor or maybe make your own harness. The one's to ask would be the resident electric guru's like JohnnieB, scottyb, sunco, or sir nuke. If they don't pipe up on this thread I would PM one of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO