lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #11
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HELP-ID possible project ezgo and what to look for/at

Few info blacklab,,, mine was 36 volt, i blew-up the controller and cost me 1000$ In reparation because nobody was able to repair it so make sure to have an american controller... Other thing... If you plan to lift it, ez go lift kit doesn't fit on these thing, i've do a lot of modification to lift mine...I have to say, that i've pay to much for it, i pay 3500$.. How much the seller ask blacklab ???
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #12
Blacklab20
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Few info blacklab,,, mine was 36 volt, i blew-up the controller and cost me 1000$ In reparation because nobody was able to repair it so make sure to have an american controller... Other thing... If you plan to lift it, ez go lift kit doesn't fit on these thing, i've do a lot of modification to lift mine...I have to say, that i've pay to much for it, i pay 3500$.. How much the seller ask blacklab ???
Jd62 - first thanks for the Chinese heads up? I'd have been trying to put on plug and play ergo stuff.

As far as cost - it is FREE for all intents and purposes at $300. I can use a wheel an tire off of it, the charger is worth something not to mention the motor (11hp)

They realize it needs allot of work to run again (battery controller tires etc) basically ground up but they didn't scrap it because the guy who handles their stuff like this knew the frame was good, good big motor, has charger and was running fine until the controller died so he set it aside in case some who knew how to rebuild wanted it masthead of scrapping it.

If it were not a 6 passenger I'd likely just use parts and move on. I am a little tempted to possible fund another cheap body + frame to stretch that I can get plug and play lift kits etc for that has intact wiring. Once is have it in hand and see what the situation is ill make a judgement call. Open to suggestions.
Blacklab20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #13
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You're absolutely right blacklab if you have it for free why not take it. You know it's sure you can make money with this cart. Mine was a 2006 i recently sold it at the auction and i get 5000$ for it and it was stock 36 volt (not strong enought for a 6 seater golf cart) so if your have an 11 hp motor you will make money for sure!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #14
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Blacklab, do you know for sure it's a chinese cart?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Body looks like the Chinese cart style but I think the frames are the same as the old style EZ-Go so pre 2001 parts may fit. Worse case, strip the electronics and rebuild it. Should be able to test the motor and see if it works. As for the controller and a FNR toggle, that sounds like sepex but may have a solenoid type FNR setup that can also use that. You won't know until you tear into it. For $300 and the other parts, it is probably worth it.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #16
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Body looks like the Chinese cart style but I think the frames are the same as the old style EZ-Go so pre 2001 parts may fit.
You might be right kgsc i've put a lift kit for 2001.5 and newer because it was a 2006 it's maybe the reason why my lift didn't fit.. But why they built it on old frame configuration ?????
Old 04-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #17
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You might be right kgsc i've put a lift kit for 2001.5 and newer because it was a 2006 it's maybe the reason why my lift didn't fit.. But why they built it on old frame configuration ?????
It could be like my chinese scooter. It has a honda clone motor it it, and they could copy the older style honda motor (a tried and true design) because the patent expired. It could be like that for ezgo. Patent expired on a proven design.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #18
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That sound very logic kal !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
That sound very logic kal !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #20
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyway, one thing is sure, chinesse it's finished for me !!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO