lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: (6) 8v or (4) 12v batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinetGuy View Post
I am about to convert my 98 CC DS 36v over to a ALLTRAX 4855 48v and upgrade the wires to 4ga as well. I am wondering about battery setups and recommendations.

I was thinking of a few different scenarios when it comes to upgrading to the 48v system from 36v.

I currently have the old resister style DS which will go away with the controller, thus opening a spot in the rear. I was thinking of adding two more 6v batteries in that location but also am wondering about replacing all batteries with 12v instead. I currently have a 12v deep cycle in the back compartment under the back seat to run accessories and thought that going with (4) 12v would free up 2 batteries spots under the main seat so that I could use my aux batterie(s) there and open up the back for a cooler.

I guess what I would like to know is a few things:
1) What is the difference in (4) 12v vs. (6) 8v vs. (8 - 6v as far as performance / run time - compare apples to apples for easy figuring (ie. all trojans vs. all trojans)
2) Will 12v batteries fit into the 6v battery compartments? Haven't measured them but I figured it was worth a shot of asking instead of going out and doing a bunch of research... Yup, I'm lazy
3) I found a 48v solenoid on a few different sites that say "Solenoid 48v 400 amp for 450/500/600 amp controller" that's not too badly priced. Has anyone used this solenoid? Pros/Cons
4) I am also planning on getting my motor rewound at Plum Quick - What can I expect as far as battery life compared to stock?

Thanks for any help with this.
It must have been fabricated to hold 12v batteries. The original setup is 6 volt batteries for a 36v cart.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car