lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Antique 3 Wheeler Year ID Help Please!

eztag.jpg

Went and looked at the cart attached to this tag this evening.

It's an EZGO 3 wheeler with the motor sticking straight forward between the batteries. The area behind the seat between the rear fenders is hinged at the back and lifts up instead of coming off like on the newer Marathons, and there are resistors under there. The driver's seat back is adjustable front to back via a knob behind the seat.

Here's the link to the ad for the cart for more pics (It's the blue one).

http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/sno/4364829748.html

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what year the thing is by the serial tag?? I'd like to know what you all think about value also, I'm considering flipping it. The battery trays are rusted out partially, would need new ones welded in, I'd most likely pop rivet in some aluminum angle. The cart looks kind of decent except for one place where some bondo fell out of it from the previous owner's restoration. The charger is an unknown on whether it is working or not, but it's an ancient Lestronic II automatic charger that looks a little rough. Needs batteries, there currently are none.

The guy wants $400 for it, but I won't buy it unless he'll take $300 (Depending on what y'all tell me). With new batteries, the battery cables, and the price at $300 I think I'd be looking at around $950. I'd have to do something to fix the bondo that fell out plus put in some angle for battery trays, that'd make about another $100. I could probably get around $1500-$1700 for it here, carts go high, especially with new batteries and at this time of year when everyone is looking to buy. Does that sound too out of line? If this was a CC I'd be sure of myself, but with EZGOs, especially of unknown year, I'm still learning.

Thanks for any help in advance!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Antique 3 Wheeler Year ID Help Please!

The 79 3 wheel cart I have has the adjustable back rest on the seat. The 77 I have I dont recall it having that function on it.The steering box brace is same as my 77 model.
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO