lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
cdulcie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Post radio hook up

what is the best way to wire a radio direct to 2 batteries for 12 volts or to switch for lights. Also there is a fuse panel under seat with 3 auto fuses could I wire it to this?
cdulcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: radio hook up

if you have decent batteries and want a long life out of them use a 36v to 12v converter to power radio, lights etc.

if not then yes, you can wire 2 6v to get 12v to power things.

I have one of these for fuses and my 12v ground.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Grade...645af0&vxp=mtr

if you need a 36v converter I have a 6 month old one, that I am wanting to get rid of.
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The other option is to buy a separate 12 volt battery, sized for the radio/amp power. Also, if you have lights, you may want to consider that. you'll need a separate 12 volt charger. If you have a TXT with six batteries, there's a perfect place on the driver's side to install. Then take any other loads you have on you expensive pack and put them on the auxiliary battery.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
cdulcie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks folks.
cdulcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm a firm believer in marine grade items, like the fuse holder mentioned above. They are exposed to salt-water, and are more corrosion resistant.

Though more costly, I used a Blue-Sea fuse block, and use marine grade terminals for my wiring as well. I buy the more expansive ones that are heat shrinkable, but then, I believe in over-kill.

One more advantage to marine grade fuse blocks is they have a negative bus, since you don't "ground" anything to a buggy frame, like you do on a car. Makes hookup easier.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I think this is the model I have:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...FeHm7AodMjcAKA

I chose old school glass over blade fuses because I already have a TON of them. I would go with Blade fuses if I didn't already have the glass ones.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with yurtle, just installed a stereo in my cart. Love the Blue Sea fuse block, made hooking everything up easy and just because its not a sealed car I went with all marine grade components. My cart doesn't see a lot of bad weather but I'd rather pay a little more once than pay less twice.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #8
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by financethis View Post
if you have decent batteries and want a long life out of them use a 36v to 12v converter to power radio, lights etc.

if not then yes, you can wire 2 6v to get 12v to power things.

I have one of these for fuses and my 12v ground.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Grade...645af0&vxp=mtr

if you need a 36v converter I have a 6 month old one, that I am wanting to get rid of.
How much you want for that converter?
Ezgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO