lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
vinper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Barely Hear Reverse Buzzer

I think I have wired it to the wrong terminal
vinper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The other day the buzzer came on full throated but today it is about half as loud. I'm wondering if this is a connection problem or loose wire. Where might I look to ensure a tight connection?
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd check the voltage at both terminals of the beeper when it's quiet. If you don't have full pack voltage, then start looking for connection problems. If you have full pack voltage and it's quiet, it's the beeper.

EDIT: I just noticed you have an RXV. I'm not certain what voltage the beeper uses, but I'd still measure it and post results.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #14
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, yurtle. Dealer is coming by today to check it. I'll report on the results for member reference.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #15
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My tech dropped in a new one so time will tell if it was the unit or lose wiring. It is now obnoxious as ever.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just put a piece of duct tape over it. Still will be able to hear it but not as loud.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I used high temp electrical tape. Others have used hearing protection foam.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #18
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Funny, that is how the whole saga started. I had put a piece of tape over the hole to reduce the volume but it seemed a bit too low. A week later I removed the tape and there was no increase in volume -- it was nearly inaudible. I've gone full circle on this. I don't know if the tape creates a back pressure that damages the buzzer or it was a bad buzzer to begin with but I think I'll leave it alone.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Mine's an old school buzzer - non-polarized. Newer ones are polarized, and the one that came with my new FNR pulsed on and off. I gave that one away and stuck with my old one. Possibly if it pulsed, it had some electronics that just overheated? Did it get too quiet immediately, or did it change over time?

Mines probably close to an air-tight seal, as the high temp electrical tape is pretty good stuff. Lasts decades, even when used inside a car, which gets pretty hot with windows up in the summer sun.

EDIT:
I misspoke. Mine does have a red and black wire coming out of it, so it's probably polarized. I though it merely had two spade terminals.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No joy. The tech dropped in a new buzzer which worked perfectly...for awhile. I took the cart out on the course for a bit, tested the reverse buzzer a few times and then it quit. There was an occasion where placing the F/R switch back into F that the cart didn't go. Intermittent electrical issues are the worst! So, my guess is a bad F/R switch or loose connection there. As a side note, my OEM SOC meter has some condensation in the bezel when exposed to the sun/higher temps. Not sure if this is related but I seem to have some issues. Could be a bad connection/heat related in the F/R switch. Not sure but dealer will need to address.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO