lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV LED Headlight Kit.

Does any one have any experience with this particular style headlight. How does it work? How does it look? Please post pictures if possible!

http://www.golfcartking.com/EZGO-LED.../lgt-310lc.htm
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have that one. Looks great. Works great. Almost too bright, is a little bright for on coming cars. They fit the same holes as the regular ones. Kit comes with everything you need.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Pic
Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
Paul08RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV LED Headlight Kit.

Yes - they work great - did them this spring on my RXV - I chose the ones with clear lenses like your link shows - there are also ones with little beveled lenses like a car headlamp - I suggest these might spread the light in a wider pattern but also result in less distance lit directly ahead

- if you ever find some of the LEDs not lit - open the housing and check solder on tips of the surface mount LED units - mine had a few cold solder points - just heat a little solder onto the loose ones to tack them down to the circuit board and good to go

- power consumption - between 2.2 and 2.7 amps compared with about 8 or more for the halogen front / LED tail combo (this at 12-13 volts)

- now the rear LED units... with the basic kit as here have two intensity levels corresponding to tail and brake light levels - the more intense brake light level is too bright for me but when in the basic configuration (that is the set without brake and turn signal harness) that is what is ON. The rear lights have 3 wires to them - 2 positive and one ground - I opened up the harness just before it connects to the rear light connector and cut one of the 2 positive leads and this returned the rear light level to that of normal tail rather than of brake light level

- as for the cutting the body - the rxv nose I have has a pattern marked on the inside but it did not exactly correspond to the one as indicated by the included paper template so check that on yours before you start to cut - I used the included paper template to mark the location and it worked out perfect - cutting was done with a dremal and a drill like cutting bit then filing them smooth - slow but controllable
Paul08RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul08RXV View Post
- if you ever find some of the LEDs not lit - open the housing and check solder on tips of the surface mount LED units - mine had a few cold solder points - just heat a little solder onto the loose ones to tack them down to the circuit board and good to go
What's the world coming to. You just can't get good forced child labor anymore.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, lets be honest here. I have tried the same exact lights, i even had to solder mine too. I took out one stock rxv light, and replaced it with a led unit for brightness and color temperature compairason. You can then quickly cover one or the other with a large piece of cardboard to make some distance/brightness compairasons. They are not as bright, nor shine as far as the stock rxv headlights. They are more blue, as compared to the orange-ish color of the stock lights. I feel they are a decent, safe alternative to power-hungry incandesent lights, and quite energy efficient (their best selling point, i feel). But, Their brightness is not amazing, like a true HID (those things are so bright they look like they could start fires).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Compared to a friend of mine, my LEDs are way brighter than his halogen bulbs.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #8
suzook1
Getting Wild

question. is the blinker integrated into the housing? Its clear so I cant tell
suzook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Blinker fits into the headlight assembly, just like the original headlight setup.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolklou View Post
Compared to a friend of mine, my LEDs are way brighter than his halogen bulbs.
Yep, if you stand in front of it, looking into the headlights, they're "brighter". If you look down the road, they are not as good. These will make street signs shine from 2 blocks away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_IMG_20140709_234845_462-75646559.jpg (61.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO