lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Intermittent F+R Problem

Wow - you guys are so fast and so helpful - what a treat.

Our last responses crossed, so please read what I just added in red to my previous reply. Are we in agreement?

If so, please --- how do I get to the microswitch and plunger --- and I assume it is located right near the pedal - correct. Will I have to get to it from underneath? Edit: Sorry, I missed the last sentence on the previous reply about access.
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of what is inside the pedal box.

The microswitch's NC contacts are used, so the contacts are open when the lever is depressed.

You can download the manuals for your cart in this sticky: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
They are the top three PDF files. Tons of good info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS & Pedal Switch.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #13
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

I am so grateful for all this information. And for taking the time to even post a pic.

I own and moderate some forums of my own pertaining to rare plants and gardening, and some travel. So I am constantly amazed how helpful people can be, and how I can get to the bottom of an issue like this when 24 hours ago I didn't even know what a controller was.

Looks like I have a little project for the next few hours or so. When I brought this puppy home yesterday and it stopped working, I was a little depressed.

Well, more than a little depressed - because I bought another used cart a year ago that I thought I got a super deal on. The plastic was still on the back seats and it looked brand new. But I didn't look underneath because it was so "new." Well a wheel fell off last week. And the entire bracket that held it was rusted and broke. In fact the whole frame was rusted through beyond repair. :(

So, I am temporarily relieved this one is not a junker too. I didn't know if I had a motor going south, or controller (I see they are not cheap), or something major.

Anyway, I'll report back - and thanks again.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

You guys were the best - thanks a million - it was that micro pedal switch. I managed to bend that little tiny arm a fraction to make sure it engaged - it only needed another hair. But I still intend to get a new one, as I think it needed a little more force than what I would imagine is optimal.

But it is working great for now, and I can sleep knowing it is not something more serious.

I will have a couple of battery questions, if I can't find the exact answers in past posts. But of course I will place those in the appropriate locations.

Many thanks once again. I couldn't have done it without you.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by konakid View Post
You guys were the best - thanks a million - it was that micro pedal switch. I managed to bend that little tiny arm a fraction to make sure it engaged - it only needed another hair. But I still intend to get a new one, as I think it needed a little more force than what I would imagine is optimal.

But it is working great for now, and I can sleep knowing it is not something more serious.

I will have a couple of battery questions, if I can't find the exact answers in past posts. But of course I will place those in the appropriate locations.

Many thanks once again. I couldn't have done it without you.
Glad you got it running; And thanks for the feedback about what the problem was.

The selection, care and feeding of batteries is both simple and complex.

Buy the highest AH capacity your budget allows, at the lowest price you can find locally, fully charge them prior to their first use and recharge after every use. Check electrolyte level monthly, or as needed, clean batteries and connections often, add only distilled water to batteries, add water only when fully charged, do not overfill. If the plates are exposed, add enough water to cover them prior to charging and fill to proper level, after they are charged.

The battery pack is the heart of an electric cart. So choose wisely by making informed decisions.

Scottyb has some pretty good battery info on his website: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/How_Batteries_Work.html
Read everything on the menu with the word "Battery" in the title, then fire away with the questions.

You have an electric EZGO cart, so this is where to ask them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO