lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DIY Lithium Conversion

So I see there are many lithium conversions going on, many spending quite a lot to do so. I wanted to play too, but I couldn't spend as much on the project as others.
I paid $550 for the batteries, several hundo on stuff I didn't end up needing. I did end up with an Alltrax controller later, but that's really optional. There are risks with this approach, but I did it for considerably less than the bolt in options.

Start out:
Stock drive train 2011 Ezgo TXT48 in freedom mode with 6" lift and 23" tires.

I removed all six 8v lead acid batteries and the accessory 12v deep cycle batt.

For lithium batteries I purchased two modules from a Chevy volt. A 48v module (12 cell) and a 24v (6 cell) module. I could just use the 48, but it maxed out at 50.4V if you charged it 100% and I wanted more V for more speed.
I could not use the entire battery as a traction pack, so I used 14 cells for the traction pack, this left 4 cells which I am using as the 12v accessory battery. I know those who are familiar are wondering about the max V, we'll get to that in the next few posts...

Also, I did some boneheaded moves that I saw other people recommending, those will also be in the next few posts!

Here is the pack after install Day 1.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO