lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #21
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKEaston View Post
Does anyone know how to enable the Low Speed mode? I see a low speed switch logic setting and a low speed max speed setting but I don't believe that ICON provides a physical switch to change between low speed and high speed. Can this be retrofitted? Thanks.
Ive wondered this myself. The programming seems easy but how do you wire the physical button in? Is there a empty connection coming out of the controller?

According to the wire diagram (https://ibb.co/5FTwPLj) there is a speed port which I believe is the unused 4 pin molex style connector under your cup holders. Ill have to trace things out tonight and dig around, but based on my time spent digging around cart to date, this molex connector is left unused right next to the brake fluid reservoir under the cup holders. Youll see it on bottom right hand corner of wiring diagram. It ties into the motor, the FR switch, the negative out of the reducer, and into the lever switch which I believe is the turn signal on the steering column.

Atrain - am I heading in the right direction?
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #22
TedKEaston
Not Yet Wild

I found the NEOS software and built a cable. Increased the max forward speed to 7000 rpm but the cart still tops out at 29MPH on speedo / 27 on GPS. I know the setting works because I can lower it to 4000 and my max speed is about 19 MPH. Is there any other settings that would limit the max speed? Does anyone know what the Drive Power Limit setting does? Mine is set to 12 but the max is 36.37 so I was thinking about adjusting that next.
TedKEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #23
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

Ted, Where did you find the software and how did you make the cable?
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #24
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I found the NEOS software and built a cable. Increased the max forward speed to 7000 rpm but the cart still tops out at 29MPH on speedo / 27 on GPS. I know the setting works because I can lower it to 4000 and my max speed is about 19 MPH. Is there any other settings that would limit the max speed? Does anyone know what the Drive Power Limit setting does? Mine is set to 12 but the max is 36.37 so I was thinking about adjusting that next.
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #25
TedKEaston
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwolf View Post
smwolf, ATrain posted a video on how to make the cable including a parts list. The software is is the hard part.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #26
Rasputin
Not Yet Wild

Looks like ATrain's Forward Drive Power Limit is set to 18, so it may be worthwile to bump it to at least that.

Quote:
Does anyone know what the Drive Power Limit setting does? Mine is set to 12 but the max is 36.37 so I was thinking about adjusting that next.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #27
TedKEaston
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Looks like ATrain's Forward Drive Power Limit is set to 18, so it may be worthwile to bump it to at least that.
Thanks, I was going to ask ATrain about that.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #28
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
No clue if that's from the factory or if I changed it. If it's not a factory setting at 18, then my Electrical Engineer BIL, who specializes in EV controller systems, may have changed it.

Somebody posted the software here to download https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173810

The more people tinkering on these carts, the greater the community knowledge about what does what.

The ICON guys don't even fully understand the software and had to translate it from Chinese. So I'm pretty sure they're trial & error guessing on a lot of these settings.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #29
Rasputin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
No clue if that's from the factory or if I changed it. If it's not a factory setting at 18, then my Electrical Engineer BIL, who specializes in EV controller systems, may have changed it.
My setting from factory was 15. RPM @ 7000 with FWD Drive Power Limit @ 18 gets me 32 mph speedo and 30 mph GPS on a lifted 6 seater.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #30
Rasputin
Not Yet Wild

7000 RPM caused the cart to suddenly shut down after an extended outing. Worked fine after a brief cooldown.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon