lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Dakota Lithium

I was looking at these

https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...t-battery-set/

Are they a direct drop in? In other words could I put three in series to get 36 volts and then use my existing Alltrax controller with no other changes. I do know it would need a different charger than the old powerwise.

This is for a series cart. Lifted and 22 " tires. Runs fine with the existing Crown batteries, but they are getting old.

From my research the 100 amp hours should be OK for the way we use the carts. Any comments on this?
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dakota Lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmartin View Post
I was looking at these

https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...t-battery-set/

Are they a direct drop in? In other words could I put three in series to get 36 volts and then use my existing Alltrax controller with no other changes. I do know it would need a different charger than the old powerwise.

This is for a series cart. Lifted and 22 " tires. Runs fine with the existing Crown batteries, but they are getting old.

From my research the 100 amp hours should be OK for the way we use the carts. Any comments on this?
Yes but that is really high price for 36volt with 100ah in my opinion
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Seems you can get them for a lot less.

://bigbattery.com/products/36v-gatr-max/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqvyFBhB7EiwAER786bNIJe62FDbOrUtLDIL FaOR3D3iKMaQ4fBv5OJjh4Z5ue6wQ8hzqMhoCbzsQAvD_BwE
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Might also want to look at something with a little more oomph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Lithium Site
Please Note: Motor controller on the golf cart or electric vehicle must be <200 Amps. The max amp pulse of these batteries is 200 Amps (for example, a EZGO TXT golf cart has a 250 Amp controller which requires a larger battery)
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO