lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Tomberlin Emerge E4 no power

I'm having a problem of my cart will not go and I have no lights, horn, brake lights and no reverse buzzer or revrse light on the direction switch. I have replaced the hall effect sensor and have brand new batteries. I also have some crazy issue with when the key is on and I press the brake pedal the speedometer comes on with the blue back light. However when I release the brake pedal the display goes off. The battery indicator light showes 1 bar at the very top so I take that the batteries are at full charge. When I turn the key from off to on I hear 2 clicks which I know are the high voltage solenoid and the low voltage solenoid turning on. The motor is brand new I have test the plug for the controller which was fine, I'm so lost I have spent hour on this cart and still have no sign of progress any advice would be great.
Jhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2022, 09:31 PM   #2
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: 2008 Tomberlin Emerge E4 no power

Maybe fuses
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #3
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your response all fuses have been checked and are fine.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:51 PM   #4
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

So update I have lights horn turn signals and everything however still no movement. I have checked the signal from the 7 pin harness to the throttle and everything is checking out. I have proper voltage to the key and everything. The motor I was told is new the controller is my big concern now. I have checked the the 23 pin connector on the controller by back probing it and have only seen 2 issues. One is that pin 11 should have 48 volts till the accelerator is pressed and then it should go to 0 however my volt meter shows no difference in voltage when pressing the pedal. I have another issue I have not only a tow/run switch but another switch which does not look factory near that switch it says controller switch on for use by qualified technicians only. That yellow wire from pin 11 goes to that switch, does this seem right and does anyone have one of these switches including their Tow/Run switch why and what does it do??
Old 04-04-2022, 05:07 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A Tomberlin can be a real headscratcher... i've had an Emerge e2 some years ago and i remember of the second switch. Read anywhere it's a rabbit/turtle switch, but on mine there was no function at all.
Big help on troubleshooting was a Curtis service handset, which i fortunately could borrow from a private guy.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #6
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Do you know what the switch does I can't understand the reason for a Turtle/ Rabbit switch other than to restrict the speed?
Old 04-04-2022, 11:55 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Which controller do you have? Following schematic is for the Curtis 1268 (installed in my Emerge). Standard pin 11 is reverse and pin 20 is mode 1/mode2 (rabbit/turtle) switch. Two individual driving profiles can be programmed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf output_1.pdf (53.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #8
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

My controller is a 403TB1
Old 04-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, sorry - it's a different GE controller
Old 08-05-2022, 10:46 PM   #10
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

So update time, I sent the controller to FSIP to be tested and rebuilt. I received a call from them and they stated it had failed the test so I told them to rebuilt it. I got it back acouple of days ago and installed it immediately. Unfortunately it didn't seem to matter as it didn't fix the problem. Fast forward to today after beating my head against a wall in frustration I finally made progress. So while back probing the controller connector I heard a loud noise which sounded like a contactor turning on. So as soon as I heard it I was scared not knowing what it was I stopped immediately. I finally moved the connector harness around enough and heard the contactor stay on. At this point while the cart was off the ground on all four corners I hit the gas and sure as I sit here now it started spinning the tires. So I took it for a spin and unfortunately it's not fast however I'm wondering if the signal to the controller is intermittent given the fact that the cart is fibrating. I'm going to replace the connector as soon as possible but.the top speed thing is concerning. I am wondering if the PC/ Run switch has anything to do with the speed maybe not. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin