lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Shaun Painter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Hard start Cold

Have replaced the fuel pump, carb and the ignition coil. You have to crank on it forever and just keep trying forward to reverse while being choked and it will take off. After it is warm it runs great!
Shaun Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Hard start Cold

Welcome to BGW Shaun!

It's always best to state the year and model cart you have, so we have a better idea of what your working with!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Shaun Painter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh duhh! I have a 1994 club car ds gas cart that has been having a hard starting problem cold. Has good spark, has 140 psi compression, new fuel pump, new carb, new ignition coil, new spark plug, have changed the oil, filter and fuel filters. Spark, fuel and compression it should fire? Any ideas?
Shaun Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

First thing I would recommend is to try starting it by using only one of your methods. That will help eliminate some of the problem right off the bat.

If it won't start unless you are jumping between forward and reverse I would have to guess there something going on with your switches on the shifter. Why it only happens when it's cold I don't know but I can't see why bumping between gears would help it start for any other reason.

As for the choke, my 96 DS is a bit finicky on just how much choke you give it. If I hold the choke all the way in and it won't get started I can let the choke out a bit and it will usually respond. When it's cold I almost have to drive it with the choke (using the choke as the accelorator) at first until it gets up to speed and wakes up a bit.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Roady has some diagrams in the stickies, does your cart have the
neutral limit switch? If so it may be why the rocking of f to r gets it fired.
Just thinnen.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car