lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Munsoned
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Audio Power Question

I am a new owner of a gas powered 95 Club Car that I will be adding a large audio system to. This will be for a art car project for the burning man event in Nevada.

I am trying to run dual subs on a 600 RMS watt mono amp as well as a 4 channel receiver for the highs and mids 4x50. I plan to run a optima red top I have lying around with a 2.0 farad capacitor for the subs.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience running something similar to this and will the carts starter be enough to charge this while driving or will I need to charge the battery when not in use as well. Any idea how many hours this can run a audio set up like this and still be able to get the car started and drive-able? The cart will be in motion while the audio playing for the most part but driving very slowly so the charge may not be optimal from the starter.

I am assuming the starter/alternator on these carts is less powerful than a typical car but how much less?

Thanks for any info I am totally new to golf carts and learning a lot about car audio as well so information would be great.
Munsoned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, club car, starter, subwoofer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car