lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: The Build- 88 Club Car Ds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoney View Post
I have to ask, I didn't get around to replacing the other spring in the Driven Clutch... is that one important or is the Drive clutch more important?
The clutch in your pic IS the driven clutch. The drive clutch is the one on the motor. From what I've seen, the driven clutch seems to be the one most guys modify rather than the drive clutch. But I'm sure many here do spring the drive clutch as well. I only did my driven clutch and I'm good to go.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
The clutch in your pic IS the driven clutch. The drive clutch is the one on the motor. From what I've seen, the driven clutch seems to be the one most guys modify rather than the drive clutch. But I'm sure many here do spring the drive clutch as well. I only did my driven clutch and I'm good to go.
Thanks, i think i Might Try To Do The Other One, But I don't know... i have the spring, i'm thinking I should just do it.
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So, I got the new Slides today from the good folks at Cartspartsplus.com, installed them and the new spring and she's alive again.

I also got my decals so the build is wrapping up, Ill post some pics tonight.

It doesn't seem has fast as I had hoped... would the other spring provide me with a better speed gain?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm an EZGO/Yamaha guy so I'm just sorta cruising through the CC forum, but I caught the thread, nice job so far !!! As to your speed issue, clutch springs have basically no effect whatsoever on top end speed, what they do is hold the clutch in the "powerband" longer to give better torque for pulling and slightly better accelleration. The easiest way to get more speed of course is de-governing the cart, then of course taller tires (swapping to a lift with 22's will add several MPH to the top speed of your cart, albeit with a sacrifice in torque - which may not be such an issue now that You have installed a stiffer spring in the DC) - from there though with a CC you're on your own, LOL - hit me up if you ever need advice on milking 35+ out of a Yamaha (I have a great place to send you) ... Again, great job so far with the cart :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Agreed on the added top speed with larger tires.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I know it wouldn't increase the overall top speed, but I thought the pick up speed would be better. Seems like it is better on the hills. Its an old cart though, so maybe it is what it is.

Anyway boys... she is all done (for now! LOL)

I think it came out really good, thank you guys for all the help... I'm sure I will be needing more when i get around to replacing the other clutch spring.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Looks good! Yeah I had my driven clutch machined and had the spring added but I didn't notice much of a difference in acceleration. Acceleration isn't horrible, but it's not bad. We're only talking about an 8hp motor. The main thing I noticed after the clutch mods was that when I was nearing the top of a long, steep hill; my cart would keep going up the hill rather than conk out like it did before.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I Live on a pretty big hill and I will say it got up the hill a lot better then it used to.

Your right though, with it being an OLD 8hp motor I can't really expect much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car