lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #21
noslin
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ultimate tow cart build questions - Yamaha G9

when i check with OHM meter, the top wires range is 11.x OHM to 4.5 K-OHM (450 ohm right?) and the bottom wires range is 4.7 KOHM (470 ohm) to 9.5 KOHM (950 ohm). this is why i dont think it will work?

i can take a video just to double check if need be.

Im going to send the controller in and have checked out next week.

ty
dean
noslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #22
noslin
Not Yet Wild

finally got the cart running, as you can tell it hasnt been a priority. when i first wired it i had the grounds on the F&R contactor hooked up on the wrong side. so, got a 0-5v throttle, wired it up correctly and it runs. so, happy about that.

just need some 48v battery's now and charger for the next step. have some old 36v ones in there now... they need help lol.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #23
noslin
Not Yet Wild

mounted the voltage reducer. just going to hook up lights for now.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #24
noslin
Not Yet Wild

remounted the solenoid and controller.

been talking to Electric Motor Products about a motor next. Im very impressed with the customer service in answering all my questions. they/he has been very helpful.

what interested me is they can make a dual purpose 2-speed motor, torque/mph setup. figured as a starting point while towing the car(s) to be able to tow up to 15mph and while just cruising say 25mph. so that will be cool.

debating on getting new batteries right now or just upgrade the motor and continue to use the old batteries for a while longer.

next will be to build a rear seat setup.

dean
Old 04-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Old batteries will surely disappoint. Power and/or range will be less than before.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #26
noslin
Not Yet Wild

i understand about the batteries,ill get them within 6 months or so. depends on how it runs, if they die quick and need charged between rounds then ill get them sooner. if a charge can last the four or five runs up and down the track for the night then ill get them later on.

so, i went and ordered the motor today. they gave me four options, i got the one that will make the most torque. went with the 2 speed setup, normally open thrermostat, and the high speed banding.

the motor already has a brush mechanism 2.5x larger then stock. the thermostat setup is so you know the motor is overheating. if the motor overheats then i can hook it up to a buzzer or a light, it will sound or light up. the high speed banding is in case the motor goes over 6k rpm. good in situations where you, or you let someone drive your cart, go down hill and just let it stay in gear and free rev lets say; dont apply the brake. thats a situation where the motor could go over 6k rpm.

i was on the fence about the high speed banding but figured im this far into getting the motor so might as well make it as solid as possible.

knowing how things work out, ill prob end up getting batteries here in next few months anyways. its just all choices, figured it runs so get motor then batteries.

ty
dean
Old 05-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #27
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Can't go wrong with the extra banding, Dean. Post some pics of the motor when you get it.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #28
noslin
Not Yet Wild

received the motor today really excited to put it in and try it out. here is a pic of the motor and two speed switch.

might have second thoughts on eight 6-volt batteries versus six 8-volt batteries when it comes to weight. with the two extra batteries and the added weight of the motor, im guessing its an extra 120lbs plus i think another 20lb for the motor. being able to shed the 120lbs might be better then the extra amperage the two 6-volts provide? any thoughts on this?

now to figure out where to mount the 2-speed switch.

thank you
dean

Old 05-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #29
noslin
Not Yet Wild

welp, its to wide hahah. the shock mount needs to kick out about an inch to be comfortable. ill make a custom shock mount and raise the rear 2 inches for the "husky" guys that ride on it with me in the pits.

i screwed up, got greedy and went for the big dog. they provided dimensions and when it came to order i said screw it and got the big motor thinking that it would fit; why would it not haha.

its all fun..
dean
Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 AM   #30
acp380
Not Yet Wild

I'd say if you only need the cart to last one night between charges go for the 6 8v setup to shed the extra weight. Imho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
acp380 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drag racing, pit, solenoid, torque, yamaha g9 controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha