lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #11
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Li-ion battery

Wow! That's insane!
MEWISEMAGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #12
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelwdryden View Post
what do you want me to say, it took me about a week? hahaha

Yeah, I wouldn't do this for a stranger who was wanting to give me his money.
The most time consuming part was salvaging the battery cells. If I could afford to just buy the cells, and build the packs with new cells, it wouldn't have been that bad, but it would have been at least $4000.
That was a lot of work , but very nice work at that. It appears to me in the photo, that you are using maybe 1/0 bare copper (used for grounding systems mostly) and soldered the connection to each battery to the bare cable. Pretty clever if I guessed right. Just very good work.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #13
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, the wire was insulated and i stripped it. The negative terminals are spot welded with nickel strip. The positive terminals are all hand connected soldering in glass fuse to the copper buss bars.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 AM   #14
Ribfeast
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

That is a stack of work, but top job! Reminds me of the guy who did the home made powerwall with the Batrium BMS. How's the performance?

I investigated putting in 4x 12V Lithium 100Ah drop-in batteries but most of them have various design flaws. Either poor current capacity, no way of knowing what is going on inside, poor balancing circuitry etc etc.
So ended up just doing 16x CALB 100Ah LiFePO4 cells with a Zeva BMS. NCM cell chemistry would have been even better (Leaf uses this I think?).
Ribfeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 AM   #15
Ribfeast
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

*double post somehow*
Ribfeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #16
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It performs well. I live a couple miles from the golf course. I can drive both ways and play 18 holes twice easily. I'm sure i could go further but i don't charge to 100 percent and i don't discharge near as far as i could. I'm currently running stock motor and controller, getting 20mph top end. I'll probably change motors later this year to get a little more top end. I'm not going to go crazy though.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #17
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does anyone have any info on Allied Battery drop in replacements? Around $2300 for charger and all. Not a bad price if they live up tho the advertisement, and a simple straight forward no rewiring system..
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #18
qtiger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

A couple other posts are very skeptical of the quality since Allied doesn't provide any real details.

However, I didn't see the posts, plus I need new batteries anyway. So, I got the 60ah version (plus charger) and will be installing this week.

We'll see how they perform for the rest of the golf season.

FYI - 2006 CC Precedent, stock motor, controller, rear seat.
qtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:52 PM   #19
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtiger View Post
A couple other posts are very skeptical of the quality since Allied doesn't provide any real details.

However, I didn't see the posts, plus I need new batteries anyway. So, I got the 60ah version (plus charger) and will be installing this week.

We'll see how they perform for the rest of the golf season.

FYI - 2006 CC Precedent, stock motor, controller, rear seat.
Any follow up? How'd things go with this purchase?
joekapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!